300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: Gun safe

Just wanted to know some opinions looking to purchase my first large gun safe. There are plenty to choose from got any suggestion not really wanting to spend more than 500.00 but also want to get a good safe.

Thanks.

Josh
    "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

Well, you could look for a used safe. I have a Liberty safe which is nearly as tall as I am and weighs 635# empty which is the largest safe you could reasonably move with friends. Mine has the high gloss fancy paint on it but ones with out this fancy paint go for much cheaper. Make sure you get it at least twice as big as what you think you need. You will find many extra uses for it and if you are married or have a SO she'll certainly be able to fill up any excess room.

Make sure when you get it in the house you get it up off the floor. Most of the houses around here are on slabs and you want to make sure their is a good barrier between the floor and the safe or the coldness of the floor will cause condensation in the safe. Buy a golden rod dehumidifier and some desiccant. I buy the stuff in the little tubs from Bass Pro up by the airport. As it gets used up it goes away and you just dump the water off every now and then.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Dont' want to spend more than 500 dollars! Considering what guns cost to replace, you need to get the best one you can afford. You'll have it for the rest of your life.
      Don't disappoint me by buying one of those cheap green things from Walmart.
      The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

I did a lot of research on them when I bought one two years ago and I sure couldn't find a decent one for $500.

I ended up buying mine from Costco.com and at the time I thought I was getting a screamin deal. If you are a member check them out. Their price includes curbside delivery. The safe I bought is similar to this one. It's a good safe and I'm happy with it. It's not shiny and pretty but you pay several hundred bucks for shiny and pretty.

If you copy and paste the link it should work.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11214544&search=gun%20saf es&Mo=1&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_Sig nDesc1&N=4000364&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&N tk=All&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=gun%20safe s&cat=114&Ntt=gun%20safes&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpa rtial&s=1&Sp=S&topnav=&Nty=1&s=1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3029 users online. 158 members and 2871 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X