Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight Holster for Blackhawk Gladius -

Hello everyone...

I was wondering if anyone could help.... I have a BlackHawk Gladius flashlight and use it for work....

the only problem is that my agency will only let me carry it on my duty belt if i have a high gloss leather (or one that looks like one!) type of pouch/holster for it.

I cant for the life of me find one that has been specfically made for this light... does anyone out there know of any other pouch that might fit this light????

Any ideas or thoughs would be welcome

Thanks

Mal

Use the Blackhawk open holster. It carries the light in a bezel down fashion and makes it where you can easily pop the light out of the front. My agency also requires high-gloss leather, but I carry this black plastic holster without problems because it's such a miminalistic design, all you really see is the flashlight on your belt. It's right in front of my gun.

Comment

This is the holster that AggiePhil is talking about. I have one also on my belt and I like it a lot. I use the retention strap as it falls easily otherwise.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=75GH00BK

If it were me, I'd try to use the Night-Ops holder if at all possible.

Comment

I just took my Gladius off my belt. I have the BladeTech holster for it, similar to the Night Ops, bezel down. I kept having problems with the ring around the button getting knocked off the "lock" position. So then the button would get pushed at some point and the light would be locked on. I have run through several sets of batteries prematurely and had the light not work when needed. I love the light, but need a different holder that covers the button so it will not get activated. Had they designed the button so that the first position is the momentary on, instead of constant on, then it would not be getting locked on and running down.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG
          I just took my Gladius off my belt. I have the BladeTech holster for it, similar to the Night Ops, bezel down. I kept having problems with the ring around the button getting knocked off the "lock" position. So then the button would get pushed at some point and the light would be locked on. I have run through several sets of batteries prematurely and had the light not work when needed. I love the light, but need a different holder that covers the button so it will not get activated. Had they designed the button so that the first position is the momentary on, instead of constant on, then it would not be getting locked on and running down.
          Have you tried re-programming your tail-cap switch? I was able to field-test a Gladius, then bought one and gave it to my son as a grad gift. While I did not delve into the handbook, I understood you could re-program the tail-cap stages.

As far as having to buy primary cells (disposable batteries), have you considered buying/using RCR123A 680 (or higher) mAh 3.0 volt protected lithium-ion rechargeable cells with a charger with AC & DC cords? If you go with those cells, and carry a spare charged set of cells, plus the charger and DC cord, with you while on duty, you will save money and always be ready for "client"-centred application of illumination!

I know of a dealer in my patrol area that sells a covered tall OC spray canister holster made of ballistic nylon that will fit a Gladius bezel-down with space at the bottom. The cost would be about $20 US with shipping. It won't match what you are looking for, but is a cheap alternative if anyone wants it.
          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
          "Smile" - no!

Comment

You can program the dimmer on the constant on setting. So it starts at the intesity level you choose, or something like that. I could not figure it out, and did not try very hard as having it start on full bright is fine with me.

Can you get the make and model of that OC case and I'll see if it is available for mail order? Matching is not an issue with me, I can mix and match leather and nylon, no big deal. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG
              You can program the dimmer on the constant on setting. So it starts at the intesity level you choose, or something like that. I could not figure it out, and did not try very hard as having it start on full bright is fine with me.

Can you get the make and model of that OC case and I'll see if it is available for mail order? Matching is not an issue with me, I can mix and match leather and nylon, no big deal. Thanks.
              See your PM. eMail me as noted either way, preferrably from your work to my work. Sorry, forgot to add, the dealer I have does not do mail order.
              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
              "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6185 users online. 340 members and 5845 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X