X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11b101abn
    replied
    Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
    Mine are from K&W Enterprises in Renton, WAhttp://www.nylonwebgear.com/. Solid, durable construction and fittings.
    I have seen those in use before, very nice. they remind me of the old GI issue H- Type suspenders.

ETA- Post 101, Air Assault!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Seventy2002
    replied
    Mine are from K&W Enterprises in Renton, WAhttp://www.nylonwebgear.com/. Solid, durable construction and fittings.

Leave a comment:

• John from Maryland
    replied
    Good point, 11b. I hadn't considered that.

Leave a comment:

• madic15al
    replied
    Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
    That must look very stange.Baggy shirt around the waist, especially. The safety thing in not an issue, since they aredesingned to break away. The appeaeance thing is also a non issue, since if they are worn correctly, they look pretty damn good.

Not really baggy at all. I only have a little puff aound the four points they attach to the belt, and I put those near my cuff cases in rear and my chemical carrier/ double mag carrier up front.

Leave a comment:

• 11b101abn
    replied
    Originally posted by John from Maryland View Post
    Thanks, madic. I'll give that a try.

For those interested in suspenders, Eagle Industries and Diamondback Tactical also market them.

Those are non-breakaway. They are designed for supporting what is known as first-line gear, or the equivelent on a soldiers waist.

Leave a comment:

• 11b101abn
    replied
    Originally posted by madic15al View Post
    They are break away designed and I had one grab them thru my jacket and it popped off no problem.

I wear mine under the shirt and over my armor for appearance and safety's sake.

Worth their weight double in gold as you wont have to keep hiking your pants and lower back pain goes away after first few hours on shift.
    That must look very stange.Baggy shirt around the waist, especially. The safety thing in not an issue, since they aredesingned to break away. The appeaeance thing is also a non issue, since if they are worn correctly, they look pretty damn good.
    Last edited by 11b101abn; 04-29-2007, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JaseFifty1
    replied
    I have worn leather duty suspenders for about 3 years. I got them from a Canadian police supply company www.suspenders.ca

Pic from their website

The website says not to wear them exposed but I think that's for liability purposes. They are held on to the duty belt by leather snap keepers and are very durable.

I don't think they're particularly considered breakaway per se. I think you'd have to manually undo the snaps. Once you get used to them, it's second nature to get them on and off without any difficulty.

They've really made a huge difference in the level of back pain I experience. An unintended effect of wearing them was that my acid reflux problem disappeared as well. Since I can loosen up my duty belt, my stomach isn't getting constricted as much.

The only downside for me was the black paint wore off the snaps pretty quickly exposing an unsightly brass snap. I had a local shoe shop replace the snaps with silver color snaps. Although this looks better than the brass color, I still wish they were a little more discrete. I'm considering experimenting with getting some buttonholes or slits put in a shirt and seeing if I can get a reasonable result with wearing the suspenders under my shirt.

I was the test case for my department. The command staff at my department was resistant to my getting them. I think they were concerned about appearance. They sent me to a department physician to get approval to wear them. To the physician, it was a no-brainer and he recommended it. Since then, the department has given carte blanche approval to allow anyone to wear them if they choose.

Leave a comment:

• AggiePhil
    replied
    Orca has information on their website about the benefits of suspenders that might help you convince your admin to allow them. There are letters from officers to their administrators and whatnot. Might help.

Leave a comment:

• wpd1207
    replied
    Thanks to all who replied. As far as someone being able to grab you by the suspenders, I KNOW THAT!!!! LOL. They can also grab all the other crap I carry. Anyway, put some years in and your back will change. I will submit some ideas to my chief.. Again, thanks to all replied.
    I have to go stretch,
    Last edited by wpd1207; 04-13-2007, 05:35 AM. Reason: Said to much, thanks

Leave a comment:

• madic15al
    replied
    More than welcome, bro!

Leave a comment:

• John from Maryland
    replied
    Thanks, madic. I'll give that a try.

For those interested in suspenders, Eagle Industries and Diamondback Tactical also market them.

Leave a comment:

• madic15al
    replied
    Originally posted by John from Maryland
    madic15al, how do you rig them under your shirt? Thanks.

2 ways. One way is that I put my armor on and am fully dressed except for uniform shirt. I then put my duty belt on and place the keepers on and generally wiggle everything in place. Then the shirt and I will undo the belt and Pants and tuck in around the suspenders. I wear a black t-shirt and work at night and the shirt bulges are behind my mag and pepper spray carriers and cuffs in back. My partner is considering having a tailor slit the shirts where the straps are and attach velcro closures to further hide the bulge.

I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• John from Maryland
    replied
    madic15al, how do you rig them under your shirt? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• lightfighter21
    replied
    I had the same ones that Pierce County wears, the D-rings contantly broke. I purchased Uncle Mikes and they are built much stronger. They do help with the back problems. I no longer wear them because I lost a bunch of weight and no longer have the back issues.

Leave a comment:

• madic15al
    replied
    Originally posted by rookie2812
    looks like a great thing for a dirtbag to grab a hold of during a fight...no thanks.

They are break away designed and I had one grab them thru my jacket and it popped off no problem.

I wear mine under the shirt and over my armor for appearance and safety's sake.

Worth their weight double in gold as you wont have to keep hiking your pants and lower back pain goes away after first few hours on shift.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5456 users online. 343 members and 5113 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X