Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smaller framed officers - male and female??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller framed officers - male and female??

I'm in need of advice about my duty belt. I've recently lost about 30 pounds - yippee! - but it's causing equipment issues. I don't have the real estate around my waistline that I used too, but I still have the need to carry all my tools. I'm required to have the basics: firearm, magazines, flashlight, expandable baton, chemical agent, taser, handcuffs, and radio.
    Anybody have any good tips and tricks for making everything fit? I've converted to a strap for my cuffs and am considering a leg holster for my taser. Any other good options for space conservation?
    Thanks in advance!

Alot of people carry a key-holder/silencer and a rubber glove pouch. Have you tried ditching those yet?

Comment

I'm betting that a thigh or shoulder holster for the tazer will effect your "real estate issues" quite dramatically.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Ditch the glove holder and pack your cargo pockets with the latex gloves. The cuff strap was a good idea as well. Also, if aren't required by policy to carry your ASP/expandable baton, throw that off your belt as well.

Comment

Thanks for the assistance.
          I carry a glove pouch in the small of my back, so I can't see replacing it with anything more substantial. I'm pretty much stuck with everything else. Guess I'll work on that thigh holster for my taser next.

Comment

How do you have everything arranged? I carry alot on my 32 inch belt and dont have any issues; cell phone, mic pack for mobile vision, mace, keeper, holster, keeper, asp baton, cuff case, baton ring, flash light ring, cuff case, keeper, porta-clip for radio, M-26 taser, magazine case. The only thing I have in the center of my back are the flash light ring and the baton ring. Two things I did to make everything fit was changed from a swivel radio holder to the porta-clip for the radio and I loosened my belt out on notch. I can tell that my belt is looser and it added about an inch and a half to use, anyone looking at me can't tell that I loosened it.

Comment

Do you have sap pockets..put your gloves in there. Also you MAY try placing your mag pouch in the upright position. I have a real estate issue and I have my mag pouch upright but I've TRAINED that way. If you have them where you access them sideways...make sure you practice..in case the crap hits the fan.
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I fit everything (mags, small flashlight, PR ring, X26 Taser, radio, OC, 2 cuffs, ASP, gun, and recorder) on my belt. I have room for only one keeper that I put directly behind my gun to anchor it.

I keep several pairs of gloves in my back pocket. Keys are put in the front of my belt next to the buckle. I've seen some guys put their ASP in a rear pocket too.

Personal question: How big is your waist? My belt's 26 inches and while it's all scrunched in together, I was able to make it work.

Comment

My waist is 28" - I have no idea who you manage to put everything around at 26". Kudos to you!
                  Here's my belt: (Pardon the angle - it was the only way to convince vb that it was small enough.)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Personally, I'd put the cell phone in my pocket and take up that space with a double cuff pouch. I can't imagine going out without two sets of cuffs.
                    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh
                      Personally, I'd put the cell phone in my pocket and take up that space with a double cuff pouch. I can't imagine going out without two sets of cuffs.
                      Definately put the phone in your pocket. I also keep my gloves in a pants pocket. If you lose the glove pouch and squish things togehter, you'd probably have room for two sets of cuffs back there. I'd then keep one keeper right behind your gun.

It looks like you'd then be able to have your ASP, two cuffs, a keeper then the rest of your gear. It'd all be squished together, but it'd be on your belt.

I had a double cuff case for a while in the back. It hurt my back like crazy because it's twice as thick. One guy I work with has a double case in the front of his belt and it seems to work okay. But I'd suggest not putting one in back.

Also, some of the females I work with have one cuff case right at the back of their belt and hang their second cuffs over the front of their vest. I tried that for a while, but it didn't work out for me since I keep my phone in my vest.

Just a couple of ideas. Good luck! And congrats on losing the weight and needing a smaller belt!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2866 users online. 205 members and 2661 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X