300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots

I was recently looking at getting a pair of boots and I was looking at either Rocky's, Thorogood, or Danner. Comparing them I got to wondering about the zipper sides. Does anyone have a preference between zipper side and no zipper? I assume that it is just meant to make it easier to get your foot in and out without untying them? Anyone ever have problems with them coming unzipped while running, or anything else wierd? All comments welcome, thanks.

I bought zipper boots in the academy the day before we ran the obstacle course for the first time. They broke the next day, ever since then I havent owned another pair of zipper side boots. A lot of peoplelike them but I just see it as one more thing that can break. I have a pair of Ridge Air-Tacs that I like and I am going to buy a pair of Oakley boots before it gets hot outside.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Comment

i wear rocky paratrooper boots with zippers. if you carry an ankle gun, dont get boots with a zipper. the holster presses that zipper into your ankle and makes it rather uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by MJLinPA
        i wear rocky paratrooper boots with zippers. if you carry an ankle gun, dont get boots with a zipper. the holster presses that zipper into your ankle and makes it rather uncomfortable.

That was also my other question I forgot to mention. Ankle holsters: How comfortable is to wear with boots? How about regular shoes?

Comment

I have worn Thorogoods now for the last three years. I have the lace up 6" waterproof boots. My Chief gets us new boots each year, however, I still use the boots from three years ago as my hunting boots, and last year pair is in the trunk as back ups. for the money these are hard to beat.
          Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

I own both the thorogood commando deuce which I like with the side zip but i made a royal mistake and got the steel toe. The bad thing is that they make your feet sweat alot. The rocky paratrooper boots that i also wear are good light weight boots and also excellent in keeping the feet warm and dry.

Comment

I bought a pair of rocky para-boots with side zippers about 2 1/2 months ago. They were really tough to break in, but they look damn professional and are really comfortable now. Good boots. I have had bates and magnum and they are ok. The zipper broke on the magnums after about 10 months of wear, and the bates are decent and comfortable (they just don't look as professional imo).
              Last edited by Shaidon; 04-11-2007, 07:09 AM.
              I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

My favorite pair of duty boots was actually issued to me by the Guard before we switched over to the desert tan boot.

Belleville 390 9" black leather/nylon speed lace with gore-tex inner lining.

I hate getting wet feet so this is the perfect boot for me, it is comfortable while climbing, running, etc. and the sole is oil, chemical and slip resistant. And they will take a high shine as well.
                the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

Wow, Good question!

I have had a pair of Danner Acadias that have been re-soled three times and have survived South Texas, Korea, as well as five years up here in the Great White North.

I should also ask about the latests and greatest. I guess im just Frugal, its cheaper to re-sole then get a new pair.

BTW, I have never had a problem with the Danners, from the Desert, to the Binjo Ditches, to the Alaskan Winter.
                  When your fun ends, my fun begins

Comment

For boots I always wore my Blackhawk warriors they are nice and light. For shoes I would wear merrill chameleons. I worked with Blackwater while wearing them so comfort was everything. As far as Danner goes I live about twenty minutes away from the production warehouse, you can get the ones with minor defects for 1/2 off its pretty sweet

Comment

I have Danner Acadias which I love, and I just bought the Danner 4.5 GTX for a summer shoe because i wanted something shorter can't really comment on them yet because I just got them. Only downside i see from the compaired to the Acadias so far is they aren't re-soleable (sp?).

Comment

I have a pair of Danner Recon boots that I purchased in February 2000. They have been through daily foot patrol, Ground Zero, you name it. I still wear them daily, and they are just about due to get re-soled. Just a couple of months ago, I walked through water approximately 1 foot deep; not a single drop of water got through to my socks(of course the bottom of my pants were soaked). Not bad for a 7+ year old pair of boots, not to mention the fact that they still take a good shine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5774 users online. 304 members and 5470 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X