300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off duty carry

Ill be starting with an agency soon and of course will be wearing a uniform. I currently carry a glock 27. and am sure will carry that while off duty.

Im someone who in my off time would rather where jogging pants or sweat suits. Do you guys think a belly band would suit me best? What do u think the pros and cons are?
    "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

this depends. I usually just have shorts and sweat pants that have pockets to carry my 27 in it. One of the only times I dont carry is when I'm working out. I tried the waist band thing and it fell out once and marked up my pretty baby glock. Other people told me they dont have a problem with it but..that's my experience.
    If you just lounge around in shorts and sweats I would look at the ones with pockets.
    If he knocks your teeth out swallow them and hit back, never give up because an officer doesn't deserve to die on a dirty street.

Comment

Dress around the gun...

...edited...
      Last edited by christuan; 05-29-2007, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I checked out that 5.11 holster shirt myself. It looks interesting but i think it's a little small for a G27. I have a G19 and it would have been a tight fit. I think it is more designed for a snub nose or a Kel-tec or something along those lines. I don't wear sweats much except to and from the gym and I use an Uncle Mike's sidekick. Only about $12 and it works ok. It has zero retention though. DeSantis has some nice IWB holsters that would work with sweats and they have a thumb break. I would check some of those out.
        War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

ccw

I have heard of something called "thunderwear", a holster in a pair of unders.
          Do the right thing, even when no one is watching

Comment

yikes...i dont know what it is but for some reason I'd rather keep my weapon away from that area. I know...I know...it's probably JUST as safe as having a pocket holster but...just having that much firepower right next to it just magnifies my "pucker" effect by 1000.
            If he knocks your teeth out swallow them and hit back, never give up because an officer doesn't deserve to die on a dirty street.

Comment

I usually wear shorts with a belt when i carry my 26

But when I wear one of them running shorts, I carry a Taurus Ultralight revolver. IWB

On a side note. The .38 ultralights kicks as much as the .45 I used to have.

Comment

Originally posted by sorral
                I have heard of something called "thunderwear", a holster in a pair of unders.
                sounds dangerous. And thank to you other guys for suggestion its much appreciated.
                "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

Comment

I have a G23, i carry IWB with the new FOBUS IWB, its alright for a IWB holster.... my belt holster is an Blackhawk CQB matte, its nice, works both as a paddle and a belt one, I like the versability of it...
                  Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5822 users online. 323 members and 5499 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X