300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Gear Bag...

I couldn't find a thread related to my concern, so here goes...

I am with a small department and I do not have a take-home car. I do take my gear home with me, including my vest. I am currently using a nike duffel bag, but it is getting weak at the seams from all of the gear in it.

Is there a bag large enough and strong enough to accommodate a ballistic vest, full duty belt, and perhaps a few other items?

I am not looking for a patrol bag, or anything to carry my binder, ticket book, and those odds & ends. Just something to carry my duty gear and uniform.

When my son was working on oil rigs in the gulf he used Tuff Bags . They're built to take abuse, not look good.

Comment

A hockey bag might work for you. They're big and take abuse well.

Comment

Assault packs (army sites) my bag I have currently inuse to carry my IBA, ach, and a few other things in it no problem... Now I'm carrying all my hear for the academy. I'll try to find a link and message you

Comment

flight bag at any surplus store or SKD armor bag if you want padding
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

I like to air my vest out when I’m not wearing it. It used to get a bit funky when I left it in my duty bag with the rest of my gear.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I used a big canvas duffle bag that was about $15 from a surplus store. It held up for eight or 10 years with no holes or blown out stitching and went back and forth from the car daily. You could also try an Outdoor Products duffle bag. They make good stuff.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9492 users online. 456 members and 9036 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X