300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duty knife

looking for a knife i can carry with me on duty, a fixed blade that i can get to quick if SHTF but not something huge and clunky, any suggestions?
    NYPD 1/11
    Test: 1313
    List: 7**
    apd5: completed
    Medical: completed
    Social Media: completed
    Written Psych: completed
    Investigative review
    Oral Psych:
    BI:
    JST:
    Mini-med:

are we there yet?

Originally posted by Dog Off Leash
    8. In god we trust. Everyone else we run NCIC.

Fixed blade? That I have no idea... I like the Fairbairn/Sykes daggers but those are a bit big... I used to own a KISS neck punch blade when I was in Iraq
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Security Guard, APG MD (GS-5 Step 06)
    COE:
    VA Police Officer (GS-6), Baltimore/Perry Point MD

Comment

Look at push daggers to put on your belt. I know benchmade makes one I've seen few guys use in the past.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
        Look at push daggers to put on your belt. I know benchmade makes one I've seen few guys use in the past.
        I second this type. I know several guys who wear one on the belt hidden behind their mag pouches. Check out the Benchmade CBKs. They run about $100.

Comment

FWIW, MTech makes a sturdy push dagger that hides well enough behind a mag pouch for less than $10. It's only 440 steel and I wouldn't be using it for anything beyond a SHTF option...but for those on a budget...it should do the job.

Comment

If you want a blade that you can get out quick, why not just get an automatic? I have an HK automatic, I keep it clipped to the left lapel of my vest... quick push of a button and bam, almost 4" of high quality blade. Granted it's an expensive knife ($120-$200), but Schrade makes a half-way decent budget auto knife ($30-$60??)

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
              keep them off the belt unless your sheath has retention
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

Amazon.com: ShivWorks Clinch Pick

KaBar TDI law enforcement knives

"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

I bought this knife (similar in design the the KaBar TDK) from Custom Knife Maker Mickey Yurco a few years ago. Mickey is a retired Sheriff's Deputy Sergeant and served on his department's HRT:
                  yurco_warncliffe.jpg
                  yurco_warncliffe_2.jpg

I wore in on my inner belt; without the lanyard. Only a few of my co-workers even knew it was there. Mickey Yurco is a member of Face Book; he is quite a prolific knife maker.

Comment

Any Benchmade folder.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10013 users online. 431 members and 9582 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X