300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlights And 123 Batteries Vs. Rechargeable 18650 Batteries

I was speaking with a fellow officer this morning about flashlights. He mentioned that one of his lights takes 2 lithium 123 batteries, which can be a bit spendy, depending on where you buy them. I just happened to mention that a single, rechargeable 18650 battery can be used in the place of two 123 batteries. He was completely unaware of that.

So, I just thought I would ask people here, do you find that most officers, with lights that use 123 batteries, are aware that a rechargeable 18650 battery can be used in its place? Granted, perhaps not the most important law enforcement topic of today, but it can get a little expensive going through disposable 123 batteries.

In all honesty, until a few years ago, I was so stuck on using Streamlight, Inova, or Pelican rechargeable flashlights, that I probably didn't pay much attention to such things myself.

I've been using 18650 batteries for years. I even had my old Streamlight 6P flashlight bored out to accept them.

Comment

Not all 2x123's can use 18650's. It depends on the light.
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

I used rechargeable lithium batteries when I last worked midnights in 2011-2012. Since them I've transitioned to rechargeable lights for moat purposes
        John from Maryland

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8712 users online. 412 members and 8300 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X