300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol wrist watch suggestions

Looking for suggestions for a patrol wrist watch. I've recently purchased two Casio G-Shocks and both failed within a matter of months. I prefer a digital readout but not a must. Biggest factor is price. I spent $100 on both Casio's that failed. Thanks for all responses.

​​

Really? I would send them in for a warranty claim. The Casio G-Shock that I have is still going and it has been with me for years. You could check with the folks on the Watch U Seek forums. They are all about watches!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/forum.php

Comment

I've been wearing G-Shocks since '84 or '85 and have yet to have one fail.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

G-Shocks. Even in retirement I still wear them.

This is the one I've been using.

IMG_0434.JPG
        Last edited by GoldBadge; 01-30-2017, 07:58 PM.
        They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

I wore a Timex Indiglo, for the whole time I was active duty. They take a licking and keep on ticking. In 29 years I had to replace only one and for under $30 can't be beat.

Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
          In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
          Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
          Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Walmart $5-$10 clearance watches. In a good batch of clearance, you'll find various Casio, Timex and other decent watches. Buy a bunch, stash them away and wear them as you need them. If one breaks or otherwise needs replacement, you're out $5-$10 and another watch is as close as your bag, locker or drawer at home.

Comment

I really like digital for patrol as well and have been wearing a Suunto core black for around 3 years, awesome watch. Looks great, big read out and very durable. Only thing I've done to it is change batteries. It's technically an ABC watch and has a cool barometric pressure readout that is actually pretty accurate for letting you know when it's going to rain. They offer it with both positive and negative displays. The positive display is usually a bit cheaper and on amazon is $30ish cheaper than the negative display.

I also tried several G shocks and wasn't impressed. Analog auto watches are also a good choice and I sometimes wear one, but those are a different beast.

https://www.amazon.com/Suunto-SS0142.../dp/B004SHUT66
              Last edited by SCSU74; 01-31-2017, 08:27 AM.
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by bpd303 View Post
                I wore a Timex Indiglo, for the whole time I was active duty. They take a licking and keep on ticking. In 29 years I had to replace only one and for under $30 can't be beat.
                I've replaced two, one when changing a tire and one from a fight. For the price, they can't be beat.
                In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Originally posted by bpd303 View Post
                  I'm still wearing the same Timex from when I started the academy 6 years ago. It tells me what time it is, and it has a timer. I can't imagine needing anything more. When it breaks, I'll buy another for $30. Even if I replace one every 6 years, I'll be looking at under $150 spent on watches over the course of a career. So I guess if you can find a watch that will last 25-30 years on the job and costs less than $150, buy it.

Comment

I wear a $14 G Shock copy called an S Shock made by a company called Skmei which I got off of eBay. Looks great, reliable, cheap, replaceable, I can beat the snot out of it and/or lose it and not cry over it.

Comment

I wear a G-Shock and haven't had any issues. If it ever gets damaged for any reason, I'll likely buy another one.

Comment

Used to have a G-Shock until the band broke and it fell off into the deep blue sea. :-( I have since replaced it with a Samsung Gear S3. I also keep a vey inexpensive Casio digital watch clipped to my belt loop as a back up.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Rolex submariner

Comment

^^^^finally someone with some taste!

1) ALWAYS FOLLOW WHAT SOFLETE and other military themed Facebook pages opinions and “advertisement” as news articles say about high end watches worn by now retired commandos.

2) NO MENTALLY ILL PERSON WILL EVER FIGHT YOU IF YOU WEAR A ROLEX/OMEGA/PATEK PHILLIPE. Ever.

3) wear what works for you. I wear a Citizen Eco Drive. I love it. Works well.

4) if you watch is less that $2,000, you don’t work Dayshift.
                            semper destravit

Comment

Purchased March 2014. Still going as strong as day 1. I wear it every single day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13476 users online. 399 members and 13077 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X