300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best duty boots

Hey guys what are the best boots. I have tried under armour, Nike and 5.11 which have all torn in a couple of months. I like the light weight boots the most.

I went through a lot of boots in 28 years, plus three years in security prior to that. My favorites overall are Ariat ropers. Those aren't too practical for patrol, though. Otherwise, it's Danner Acadias - comfortable, very aupportive, tough as nails. Oakleys and Converse are up there near the top, too.

The ropers are very comfortable and look great but don't have the ankle support. A few years back, another deputy had Cowboy Boot Friday ecery week when we'd wear ropers. Saturdays were Smokey Saturday, with a Class A hat.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I second Danner Acadias, but they aren't super light-weight.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
        Otherwise, it's Danner Acadias - comfortable, very aupportive, tough as nails
        Danner Acadia 8" is as solid as it gets.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Maelstrom makes good boots that won't break the bank
          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I have been wearing a pair of "Tactical Research" boots. They are nice with a wide bottom to help with balance. They are waterproof which is nice in the snow. Still light and not a real "heavy" boot as I have had in the past. I have always purchased "Bates" in the past but they failed on me 2 times and wont go back. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I'm thinking of grabbing a pair of those leather steel toe New Balance 627s.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Danners. 'Nough said.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Danner Acadia 8", as said before......love these boots (even manage to shine them now and again)
                  REINSTATE THE TRIG
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  Your logic defies logic
                  Originally posted by Rudy8116
                  Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                  Originally posted by TheTick
                  A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                  Originally posted by TheTick
                  This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                  Originally posted by 02paul09
                  Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

One of the best part about the Acadia's is the ability to re-sole them. My 4 year old pair needed new soles and it set me back a total of $40 from a local guy. Love them.
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                      One of the best part about the Acadia's is the ability to re-sole them. My 4 year old pair needed new soles and it set me back a total of $40 from a local guy. Love them.
                      I would second that. I had my Acadias sent to Danner to get re-soled. Good thing my uniform allowance covered it.

Comment

Sounds like you guys all like those Danner Acadia but I tell you what...that's a one ugly boot. Comfort is the most important so find a boot that fits well on your feet. They pretty much all go to crap after a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by NJGuy View Post
                          They pretty much all go to crap after a year or two.
                          I don't know where you got that inaccurate information, but if you maintain them, they will literally last for years. I have had good better luck when I buy two pairs and rotate them, wearing them no more than two days in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                            I don't know where you got that inaccurate information, but if you maintain them, they will literally last for years. I have had good better luck when I buy two pairs and rotate them, wearing them no more than two days in a row.

It's not innacurate information, it's life experience. Been on the job for 8 years and have gone through 4 pairs of boots. Maybe I'm just more active than you. Besides, if you're rotating boots they will obviously last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by NJGuy View Post
                              It's not innacurate information, it's life experience. Been on the job for 8 years and have gone through 4 pairs of boots. Maybe I'm just more active than you. Besides, if you're rotating boots they will obviously last longer.
                              Between rotating, maintaining and repairing them, I get several years out of each pair. Not only are they broken in and very comfortable, but at nearly $300 a pair now, I can use my clothing allowance for something else, like new guns.

I've still got two serviceable pairs that I started wearing in 2000. They don't look exactly new, but they would easily pass inspection.

Last edited by slamdunc; 01-28-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8597 users online. 465 members and 8132 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X