Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of belt keepers do you use?

Hi!

What kind of belt keepers for your duty belt do you use? I've seen several different kinds(nylon, polymer, leather, etc.). Why do you use that kind? Have you found that they work better than others? How many do you wear?

Thanks for the input!

Originally posted by CPDjock
    Hi!

What kind of belt keepers for your duty belt do you use? I've seen several different kinds(nylon, polymer, leather, etc.). Why do you use that kind? Have you found that they work better than others? How many do you wear?

Thanks for the input!
    I personally use 6 leather keepers with the velcro. Quick to put on, and I think they look really good.
    "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for the input!

I wear 4 safari land basket weave leather holders. They have snaps which I really don't care for (hard to snap on). The basket weave leather just looks nicer in my opinion.
      I use only 4 cause I am not caring the same load as a Patrolman.
      Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

I wear nylon gear and use nylon keepers with black snaps. I wear 6 plus one that is a keep/flashlight ring combo - 2 in front (11 & 1 o'clock), 1 in front and 1 in back of my holster, 2 in back (5 & 7 o'clock), keeper/ring combo on left side opposite holster. I also use a velcro lined duty belt and matching inner belt. I hate having my stuff shifting around.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far!

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Comment

well i wear what ever, i have nylon gear so i wear nylon keepers now i had leather but im switching ever thing over to nylon its much less rigid all i have left now is my leather asp cuff case but i dont want to switch it just yet. anyone think that leather case on a nylon belt is tacky?

Comment

Originally posted by C/O-Rubincan
              anyone think that leather case on a nylon belt is tacky?
              Everything looks better if it's consistant. However, it if works it works and just pick up a nylon case when you can.

Comment

I wear 5 basket weave snap keepers with black snaps.

1 front right, 1 front left, two in the rear and one right behind my weapon (helps with retention and keeps other belt items from sliding behind the snap preventing a draw)
                FAILING TO TRAIN = TRAINING TO FAIL

Comment

None. Velcro trouser belt with Velcro lined leather duty belt. Much easier to get off in a hurry when I have an urgent "meeting". I put industrial strength velcro on the inside of my holster so it is extra secure. Had this set-up for 3 years and have no problems.

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for the input!
                    Whichever ones match your duty belt and however many it takes for your belt to stay 100% in place if you roll around on the ground. Besides that, I do prefer hidden snaps regardless of material or pattern.
                    "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

I have one keeper at the 6 o'clock position that has a handcuff key attached to the inside, for that worst case scenario of somehow getting cuffed and thrown in the trunk by a couple of Sierra Romeos..
                      "I'm just a-doin' my job, I'm The Highway Patrol."-Junior Brown

Comment

I use DutyMan nylon black snap keepers. The Dutyman brand seems to be a little larger then most which is good since my Bianchi belt doubles over in the front and I need them to stretch over 2 sides of duty belt and side of dress belt.
                        Academy Cadet , Sheriff's Office Reserve
                        Springfield XD-40 4'' Service and 3'' Sub-Compact

Comment

Molded polymer, works great for me.
                          Follow me!

Let your conscience be your guide!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2824 users online. 144 members and 2680 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X