300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surefire X300 Ultra

I recently switched to a Surefire x300 Ultra to mount on my Glock 22 gen 4 duty weapon. When using it for patrol functions, I've found it be very instinctual and rugged. I like the fact it gives you options to flip the toggles or push in for momentary on.

However, I had our annual night qualifications last night and have found some issues with the light that I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered. Primarily, when I was firing and pushing the momentary toggle switch in, it would tear into the meat of my thumb. I don't have sissy hands, but it basically caused a blister on my thumb. When I tried to switch how I was activating the momentary light, using the tip of my thumb instead of the pad, the recoil would cause me to flip the switch on to constant. Has anyone ever experienced any similar issues? I really like the light, but I'm not wild about activation during firing.

Never had any issues using mine.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Get the remote switch maybe?

I love them.
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Here ya go:
        https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Switch-A.../dp/B001V2QVN6
        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Here is a pretty good video with some ideas about utilizing weapon-mounted lights.

"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Originally posted by Bighead View Post
            Here is a pretty good video with some ideas about utilizing weapon-mounted lights.
            Thanks for the video. I've since moved back to the Inforce APL, but the video raises some cool thoughts and techniques on using pistol mounted lights. Appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmac47 View Post

Thanks for the video. I've since moved back to the Inforce APL, but the video raises some cool thoughts and techniques on using pistol mounted lights. Appreciate it.
              Which version of the APL? Those have numerous issues and are prone to falling apart.
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

Ahhh...so quick update. Just came back from a 3 day low light course with Travis Haley. Going back to the Surefire. Although the Inforce APL seems like a good design, I cannot trust it after the several issues I've had. When you run your gear hard during training you also see what works and what doesn't. Glad to figure it out during training and not when needed.

Comment

Ahhh...so quick update. Just came back from a 3 day low light course with Travis Haley. Going back to the Surefire. Although the Inforce APL seems like a good design, I cannot trust it after the several issues I've had. When you run your gear hard during training you also see what works and what doesn't. Glad to figure it out during training and not when needed.
                  First mistake was training with Travis Haley!
                  Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post

First mistake was training with Travis Haley!
                    Care to elaborate?

Comment

I recently switched to a Surefire x300 Ultra to mount on my Glock 22 gen 4 duty weapon. When using it for patrol functions, I've found it be very instinctual and rugged. I like the fact it gives you options to flip the toggles or push in for momentary on.

However, I had our annual night qualifications last night and have found some issues with the light that I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered. Primarily, when I was firing and pushing the momentary toggle switch in, it would tear into the meat of my thumb. I don't have sissy hands, but it basically caused a blister on my thumb. When I tried to switch how I was activating the momentary light, using the tip of my thumb instead of the pad, the recoil would cause me to flip the switch on to constant. Has anyone ever experienced any similar issues? I really like the light, but I'm not wild about activation during firing.
                      Get the Surefire DG remote switch for it....I think the Glock model is the DG 11 (they are weapon specific)....
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

Get the Surefire DG remote switch for it....I think the Glock model is the DG 11 (they are weapon specific)....
                        Anyone have any experience with the DG switch? If so, thoughts on it?

Comment

• LA DEP
                          LA DEP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have used it extensively ...I would not consider going out in the field without a handgun with a WML and a pressure switch

Anyone have any experience with the DG switch? If so, thoughts on it?
                        They're solid, just have to be mindful of negligent light when not wanted/needed. If you have a habit of gripping hard the light will come on which can be good/bad. With the SF you can just press in on the rocker when you want momentary light, I prefer this way to the DG. The DG is also a wear item and when used in a duty holster will eventually wear out.
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

So I ended up getting a DG switch. Put 200+ rounds through it today. I like it a lot. Need to keep working with it but it's very instinctual. I think of the 200 rounds I only had the light go off unintentionally, twice. Considering I just got it I'm pretty happy with that.

Modifying my 6360 to fit it however was a pain in the ***.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11071 users online. 459 members and 10612 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X