300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zipper shirts??

I know this is probably a dumb question but it has been bugging me for awhile. Why do uniform shirts have a zipper going up the middle with fake buttons?

several reasons, zipper last longer, if you get substance on you it easier/quicker to take off and quicker to get inside if you need something kept inside. hope this helps becuase i am only guessing.
    Patrick
    Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

Originally posted by barr151
      several reasons, zipper last longer, if you get substance on you it easier/quicker to take off and quicker to get inside if you need something kept inside. hope this helps becuase i am only guessing.
      All these reasons, and they tend to stay smoother in appearance then buttons.
      \

Comment

thanks, makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by lewy15
          I know this is probably a dumb question but it has been bugging me for awhile. Why do uniform shirts have a zipper going up the middle with fake buttons?
          You tell me? Is it quicker to button ten buttons, or zip then button two? That should answer your question, get called out at 4 AM and then tell me what you think.

Comment

Also, If someone grabs onto your shirt it is less likely to break away. With no buttons to pop free, the badguy can swing you around better.

Except for the looks, I don't like zipper front shirts. I think they can be a hazard.
            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Easier to get on and off.

Less likely to lose buttons because you are not manipulating them each time you put the shirt on and off.

And the best reason of all - If you are overweight, you won't bulge at the shirt buttons. Instead, having a zipper redistributes the fat and makes it look like you've got a great and incredibly firm stomach.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1
                Easier to get on and off.

Less likely to lose buttons because you are not manipulating them each time you put the shirt on and off.

And the best reason of all - If you are overweight, you won't bulge at the shirt buttons. Instead, having a zipper redistributes the fat and makes it look like you've got a great and incredibly firm stomach.
                Heck yes..........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4600 users online. 264 members and 4336 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X