300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Knives

Anyone have any recommendations on a good auto knife? Looking to get one and haven't found a lot that I really "like." Any pro's/con's that those of you have one/use one can share?
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Benchmade Infidel

Comment

I carry an HK/Benchmade model 14700 (combo edge) and I'm very pleased with it. It is a high quality, american made knife at a reasonable price - retail is $140. I paid $98 + S&H for mine through bladeHQ.com. It is very sturdy and takes/holds a wicked edge. If I ever lose it I won't hesitate to buy another one.

Comment

nuff said

http://videoknife.com/otf-mt-halo3.html

Comment

Forget auto, go with WAVE

Emerson Commander. It isn't really an auto knife, but with the "wave" feature it has (its a funny little notch by the thumb tab) you can open it way faster than any auto. If you haven't heard of it, google it now. It is AWESOME. The knife has very high quality blade as well, durable like a rock.

For a cheaper option, spyderco makes an Endura with the Wave feature.

There are naysayers out there that says the "wave" requires too much dexterity to use in a high stress situations, but I honestly don't think it would be any harder than trying to find a little button to open the knife.

Comment

knife

Smith and Wesson "Black Ops". Excellent edge, good action, and the price is substantially more reasonable than other brands.

Comment

Carry a nice Gerber, tho not auto...I'm much quicker and am programmed for the easy-open thumb method. Don't want to carry something I gotta take the time to release a lock (if it has one) or play with finding a button. My switchblade days were gone with high school.

Comment

Originally posted by kodger
                My switchblade days were gone with high school.
                Thanks Fonz....
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Although not really an auto, I carry a Ken Onion with the assisted opening device. Very fast, but doesn't over recoil loke many autos do. Also very easy to use under stress, one big tab that sends the blade out.
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Benchmade, cannot go wrong, best warranty, can send back w/ no problems and will sharpen blade anytime

Comment

I use the Benchmade 9100 and love it, its the best knife I have ever owned, a big think I really like is that its a closed design, with out an open slot on the back. I also have a Smith and Wesson Swat knife but its not an auto and the back is open and somtimes change from my pocket gets stuck.

I love the Benchmade but that is my opion and everyone has one, I would sugest any from a good name brand and one that feels comfortable to you.
                      Pocket clip placement was a big concern for me because I am right handed but I carry my knife on the left side. I would go to a good retailer and just look them over and handle all of them untill you find one that fits well and suits all your needs.....

good luck, hope this helps

Mouth

Comment

Originally posted by towncop
                        Anyone have any recommendations on a good auto knife? Looking to get one and haven't found a lot that I really "like." Any pro's/con's that those of you have one/use one can share?
                        Did some practical excercises in an edged weapon defense class. Bottom line (which most people will dismiss and get one anyway) is that the auto knife requires a fine motor skill to open it. I know, I know, I too thougth it was easier to find and push a button than to swing a blade open using a knob. Unitl I tried to do it while in a scuffle (scenario)... The autos are way cool, but if you are looking for a duty last-possible-resort-I-may-have-to-use-it knife, I reccomend a regular old side open with a large knob or even an assisted open knife.
                        "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Mine is Benchmade Mini-Reflex. Hard to beat.
                          "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Auto knife huh? That's where I keep my knife. In a toolbox in the trunk of my auto.
                            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9813 users online. 498 members and 9315 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X