300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holster Level

This past weekend I completed the PC 832 Firearms course, and one of the students was a Officer for private company that contracts Officers for special operations. He had a HK USP .45, and he was carrying a level 1 holster. The harness on the top of the gun, was his only retention for his gun, and that piece just flips forward and down to access his weapon.

I asked him why he only used a Level 1 and he said he did not have time to train to use multiple retention devices. He also went on to say that he was not worried about anyone getting to his gun because of a Martial Arts background. I personally hope no one would ever get to my weapon, but I would feel a lot more comfortable with atleast a level 2 holster. What level Holster do you use and why?

-Mike
    Level 1
    4.08%
    Level 2
    42.86%
    Level 3
    53.06%
    “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway” (John Wayne)

in the military we used level 3 i believe when we were on the road, I prefer level two or three, being in a couple of scuffles myself, i am glad they werent able to pull out my weapon
    Dont want to take the risk
    Officer Schilling ]

Comment

I use a Bianchi level 2 Accumold. I feel safe with it.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

both of my mid ride are level 2, my drop is a level 2 turned into level 3, it is a safari 6004 with the security switch
        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Level 3 is a must. Why take the chance? People nowadays, don't think twice about grabbing for your gun. Some officers are too cheap to purchase one themselves or don't want to qualify with them. Shame on them! If your life is not worth 150.00......... In a fight, I always have to be sure the "other" cop's gun isn't taken.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Conallron
            The harness on the top of the gun, was his only retention for his gun, and that piece just flips forward and down to access his weapon.

This actually sounds like the safariland 6280 model. It is marketed as a level 2. Right now I carry an Uncle Mikes pro 3 for my Glock. I am going to transition to a Tex Shoemaker level 2 swivel for my USP.
            God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Safariland Flip hood model with level three lock switch that prevents the hood from moving forward when engaged. That's on my duty rig. Off duty is the CQC carbon fiber holster that has a positive lock at the trigger guard (level 2?)
              One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

My department still uses Level 1. There has been talk about transition to a higher level for years, but it never seems to go beyond the testing phase. There are a lot of officers unhappy and concerned about the obvious compromise of safety. Unfortunately, in Virginia we do not have an environment in which front-line officers are likely to bring about change; anybody who speaks out about this kind of unacceptable delay in enhancing officer safety is placing his career in jeopardy.

Comment

Better than being dead because your weapon was used against you. But then again , sadly, this is what usually brings about change.
                  One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

I use a safariland 6280... its billed as a level 2, but its more like a 1.5. I worry about it but like how easy and natural the draw motion is. I had a level 3 raptor before on my last weapon, and even after much, much, much training, some days i still had issues trying to draw even in training.

Comment

What officers should do is get a level 3 holster (Safariland SS-III) and do the recommended 5,000 (minimum) draws before carrying it. Also, you should train on weapons retention as though you carried a level 1 holster.
                      Last edited by Big Texan; 09-28-2006, 10:50 PM.
                      The suspect then repeatedly assaulted this officer by slamming his face into this officer's fist.

Comment

Oops, don't know what happened but it doubled up on me.
                        The suspect then repeatedly assaulted this officer by slamming his face into this officer's fist.

Comment

When I was working an Uncle Mike's Pro 3 (level 3) for my Sig 226. Loved it - as long as you train with it, you'll never have a problem with it. Great holster for me. If something isn't issued to me when I get hired I'll keep using it.
                          For every one hundred men you send us,
                          Ten should not even be here.
                          Eighty are nothing but targets.
                          Nine of them are real fighters;
                          We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                          Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                          And he will bring the others back.

Comment

I've carried my Baretta 92F in a Safariland level III, since 1988.

One morning I was very glad it was level III. My partner and I responded to a D/V call, where the coked-up ex-husband had climbed in through a bathroom window and snatched the couple's three year-old son. We ended up finding the guy and a foot pursuit ensued. He ran to the top of some stairs and, with the kid still in his arms, was about to leap from a balcony to a nearby roof.

My partner pulled the kid away and the momentum brought the suspect down onto the balcony. The fight was on. At one point in the tussle, I feel my gun being pulled on...he's got the grip...so I capped it with my right hand. I suddenly realize that this gun's not going anywhere...he can pull all day like he's doing and he won't ever get it. I take my hand of the gun and used it to punch him in the face a couple of times. We were able him into custody.

Side-note...not too long after this, my partner resigns and returns to active-duty with SEAL Team Five...because police work's too boring. You just can't please some people!
                            Last edited by Kieth M.; 09-29-2006, 01:18 PM.
                            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2384 users online. 101 members and 2283 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X