300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirt Stays

Who here uses shirt stays? There has been a lot of talk as of late about them and I'm thinkin' about getting a pair myself. I've heard stories about them snapping like a rubberband. What are the pros and cons?

In my opinion the good outweighs the bad. They really keep your shirt tucked in tight for nice neat look. You can tell most of the time who is wearing them and who isn't. Only bad thing is they make you feel like a slinky and it makes it slightly difficult to do anything too physical with them. I have been wearing them 3 months and never had one snap on me and I have used the same ones the whole time.

Comment

If your refering to shirt keepers which you probably are I cannot wear my uniform without them. I usually go through a pack of four twice a year. First time my girlfriend saw me putting them on she laughed so much. She said I looked like an old man.

Comment

Do a search, this one has been talked about several times. I use 'em. Got the habit from the Marine Corps. Wouldn't be seen dead in uniform without 'em. Same here, 2 sets of four per year for me. I even wear a set on the tails of my vest. Doesn't make anything physical difficult. Just wear 'em everyday and you'll get used to 'em.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

i wear them everyday also. i've rarely had a problem of them coming undone and they never "snap" me. however, if that is a concern of yours, quatermaster uniforms makes a set that just clip on to your shirt and loop around your foot. they would only "snap" your feet then and not the jewels.

www.qmuniforms.com

Comment

I wore them until we went to 5.11 Tactical uniforms. The trousers have a really grippy waistband that keeps the shirt tucked in.

I used them with old uniforms and they did a great job.

Comment

I wear them....the only downside is that my girlfriend says they look like garter belts....but other than the rasberries they work great....
              Give a man a fish, he eats for a day....Teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

Comment

I wear the stirrup style ones. "Shirt puff" makes you look like an unmade bed.

Comment

Hey bought a pair of them today...wore them tonight and made the unifrom look and feel great!!!!

Comment

I use the stirrup style from Quartermaster and they work great, a much neater look than without them.
                    The only thing I don't like is that they make it that much more difficult to get out of your gear to use the facilities. When I am working in the mud I wear knee high rubber boots with my pant legs tucked into my socks to keep them down in the boots. That means my shirt is strapped to my feet under my socks, my pants are in my socks and, in turn, in my boots, my duty belt is attached to my inner belt with keepers and my inner belt is velcroed to itself. There isn't any getting out of uniform in a hurry and every shift is well planned because I practically have to get completely undressed to take a crap.

Comment

A must if you want to look professional.

Comment

I wear them. I can't even imagine going without them. I feel sloppy if I don't. Only certain cheap ones snap on me. I have been wearing the same set forever, even though they are wore the hell out, but the ones my local police supply is carrying right now are snappers.

Comment

I noticed they are more comfortable while wearing long-johns with the stays...this way the bands can't rub on your leggs.

Comment

I use the rubber under-belt contraption (with the nubs). Works just fine w/o the TWANG! factor.
                            http://tgace.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for posting this, guys! I have seen threads on these before, but never knew what they were, nor had ever heard or seen of them before.

I just did a Google search, and found several dealers, most of whom either would not sell to a Canadian (What is with THAT?! Have they watched that stupid "South Park" movie once too often, or WHAT?!?!) or charged an exhorbitant amount for shipping and/or use UPS for shipping

Anyway, I just ordered a set of stirrup style stays from:
                              http://www.dsasd.org/store/product_i...roducts_id/108
                              Had to use my Visa card - would have preferred a PayPal option, but...

In about 2 weeks from now, I may no longer have to do the Jean-Luc Picard / Commander Ryker tunic pull-down maneuver!
                              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                              "Smile" - no!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12378 users online. 519 members and 11859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X