Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pagers?

Ok guys & gals,

Whats up with all the cops I see on TV (like the news & on COPS and stuff) wearing what look like pagers attached to an epaulet on their shirts or their vests (if vest is worn external)??

This is something I've always wondered about...

Remote mic for the radio.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

These mikes don't have cords?

These are cordless. Look like pagers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Off Leash
        These mikes don't have cords?

These are cordless. Look like pagers.
        Wireless microphone/transmitters aren't new. =)

Comment

If it looks like a pager it probably is lol. Seeing as how duty belts are so thick it isn't as easy to notice it vaibrate as opposed to it being on your epaulet. Regardless... it looks like $hit when worn there.
          sigpic

Comment

That's how you know if someone is cool or not

Cell phone/Pager on shoulder = Cool
            Cell phone/Pager on belt = Dork

Comment

we cant wear pagers/cells up there we get in trouble....
              Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Some of our guys wear theirs up there, but usually only if they are required to wear them.

Always funny to hear a patrol deputy who gets on to a special team or makes cpl. bitch and whine about having to always carry a pager/cell phone.
                Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Originally posted by ctt
                  Wireless microphone/transmitters aren't new. =)

I don't think I would want to use one fo those. After being in countless "hands on" encounters my mike always comes loose but I can at least grab the cord and get to the mike.

TGY
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by cellison1460
                    That's how you know if someone is cool or not

Cell phone/Pager on shoulder = Cool
                    Cell phone/Pager on belt = Dork

That is so funny. The sad thing is that I know what you mean.
                    "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2614 users online. 137 members and 2477 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X