300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sentry lock for safariland 6280

has anyone used this add on feature to upgrade the level of retention to safariland's holsters?

The department I work for requires them if you carry one of the SLS holsters (6280, 6004, etc).
    They are kind of awkward, but they do work.

Comment

I use a 6285 for my 1911. Last qual shoot, we worked on drawing with the off-side, or weak, hand. With these other devices added to the safariland 6280 series holster, how much more difficult is that type of draw?
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Ken W.

It is not too difficult to disengage the Sentry switch when drawing with your support (weak) hand, it is far easier than drawing from an SSIII holster.

The hood attachment is a different story, I don't believe that it is possible to disengage the rotating hood with your support hand with the hood attachment.

Hap

Comment

i have used the sentry latch on both the 6280 and also my current holster the RAPTOR levl 2. I found it awkward at first, but after i practiced with it for a while, I can now draw just as fast as the guys in my department that dont have it. it is an excellent feature and has saved my gun from falling out in a "hairy situation" at least twice.

Just make sure you practice until it is second nature before you carry it on duty.
          amateurs practice till they get it right...professionals practice until we cant get it wrong.

Comment

not sure if i have it installed correctly.

am i supposed to push the sentry lock back before i push the actual hood forward? that seems very strange and hard to do.

Comment

that is coorect. it seems like a pain when you first install it. but once you train with it for a while it will become second nature and you wont even realise that you are doing it. I have had mine on two different holsters, 6280 and now the raptor lvl 2 and i cant imagine not having it on my holster.

Remember, your equipment is only as good as your training. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.....
              amateurs practice till they get it right...professionals practice until we cant get it wrong.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4237 users online. 268 members and 3969 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X