300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danner Boots

I have seen lots of great comments on Danner boots. Lucky me, a buddy gave my $200 gift certificate to Danner for Academy graduation. Being a novice on Danners, what is the best boot to go with? I already have department issued 5.11 ATACS but will be getting these as well.

Was looking at either Striker GTX or Stinger GTX. Stinger is all leather upper, Striker is leather/cordura. Both are 8" with Gore-tex lining. Stinger are not insulated but Striker has 400g thinsulate.
    Last edited by biggesto; 09-22-2005, 02:10 PM.
    "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
    John Adams, April 15, 1814

I have a pair of Danner Acadias and two pair of Danner Stingers. The Acadias are great boots, but they are heavy and inflexible. I love the Stingers; they feel like a tennis shoe - light and flexible. I feel confident with the Stingers in a foot chase; running in the Acadias is like running with boards on your feet.

Regards,

Phoenix
    Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

I have the striker GTX, the one without the zipper on the side. I like them a lot, and I like danner, but I'm curious about the stinger too. The arcadia line seem too big and bulky.
      Last edited by Caspertoo; 09-23-2005, 02:30 AM.
      Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

If you already have the 5.11's then I would recommend the Acadia highly. However, it is a heavy boot and will take some getting used to, but it is excellent quality and completely resoleable. I love my pair and I know State Trooper here who is on his 3rd set of soles and has been wearing his Acadias for over 5 years.

If you really like the lighter, more tennis shoe like boots, my sister loves the Striker Boot (she is also officer).

Can't go wrong with Danner.
        "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

WHAT KIND OF CLIMATE DO YOU WORK IN?

This is probably the biggest question to ask. If you work in a wet, cold climate like me, where you may be out in the woods somewhere having to wade a creek or hike in the mud, I would suggest the Acadia w/ thinsulate insulation. Since you already have the 5.11 boots they will work great for summer wear and are lightweight.

If you work in a stricktly city environment where you are on pavement constantly and not much worry about snow or heavy rains and mud, I would say the striker or stinger is the way to go. Most of all though....the Acadia boots are excellent for semi-dress wear, where you dont want to wear patent leather, but you want a boot that holds a great shine. You can't beat Danner boots any way you look at it.
          amateurs practice till they get it right...professionals practice until we cant get it wrong.

Comment

I'm stuck in the Midwest, Indiana to be precise. So, we get everything from 100 degree days in the summer to wet, sloppy snow in the winter and everything in between.

Originally posted by tacleberry
            WHAT KIND OF CLIMATE DO YOU WORK IN?

This is probably the biggest question to ask. If you work in a wet, cold climate like me, where you may be out in the woods somewhere having to wade a creek or hike in the mud, I would suggest the Acadia w/ thinsulate insulation. Since you already have the 5.11 boots they will work great for summer wear and are lightweight.

If you work in a stricktly city environment where you are on pavement constantly and not much worry about snow or heavy rains and mud, I would say the striker or stinger is the way to go. Most of all though....the Acadia boots are excellent for semi-dress wear, where you dont want to wear patent leather, but you want a boot that holds a great shine. You can't beat Danner boots any way you look at it.
            "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
            John Adams, April 15, 1814

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3871 users online. 182 members and 3689 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X