300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the 6280 holster

I carry a Kimber TLE/RL II on duty in the Safariland 6280 holster. It is the level II retention holster with the rotating hood. I'm having problems with the gun catching on the inside of the holster if, when it is drawn, the gun is slightly twisted to the left or right. I have to draw it straight up or it catches. This is not a problem with static firearms training but has become a problem in tactical training situations. I believe it is the light rail that is dragging along the inside and binding it up. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestion as to what I can do to improve the draw on the holster or if anyone has encountered this problem and what they did to correct it. I love the holster and the gun and don't want to let either one of them go. Thanks in advance.
    A society that makes war with its police had better learn to to make friends with its criminals.

Glock 22 (Issued)
    Kimber TLE-RL II (SRT)
    Colt LEO AR-15 (Patrol and SRT)

Are you certain that the holster is the sized for the rail version of the Kimber and not the standard? Sounds a bit like that may be what is happening. Or that the cant of the holster just doesn't work with your draw stroke.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I called Safariland and told them what I would be carrying and this was the holster they said I needed from them. I ordered directly from them and had it the next day. I read the directions and have it adjusted right (the best I can tell anyways). I'm not sure how i can adjust the cant though. That might help the problems. I'll look into it.
      A society that makes war with its police had better learn to to make friends with its criminals.

Glock 22 (Issued)
      Kimber TLE-RL II (SRT)

Comment

I carry the same holster on duty, with a Springfield Operator w/M3 light. It seems that, unless the weapon is drawn straight up, it will bind just a little bit. I also noticed this with my Glock 23 w/o light in the same holster. Try keeping your elbow tucked in tight to your side, it works well for me. Also, once you get your draw technique down, sit there and do it a few hundred times and build the muscle memory, that's what I ended up doing.
        1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Originally posted by thirdgod
          I carry the same holster on duty, with a Springfield Operator w/M3 light. It seems that, unless the weapon is drawn straight up, it will bind just a little bit. I also noticed this with my Glock 23 w/o light in the same holster. Try keeping your elbow tucked in tight to your side, it works well for me. Also, once you get your draw technique down, sit there and do it a few hundred times and build the muscle memory, that's what I ended up doing.
          Thats what I've been working on and have it down pretty good, but it can still hose up on me sometimes. I just don't want the one time it does bind up to be the one time when the s**t has hit the fan and I need to get it out with no wasted time. BTW what do you think of the Operator and the M3 light? I have the Surefire X200 and love the setup with the TLE. I almost went with the Operator but the Kimber just felt a little better. I shot equally with both.

Glock 22 (Issued)
          Kimber TLE-RL II (SRT)

Comment

I have the same holster with the added switch and hood that I added to make it a level iii holster. As far as taking my weapon out of the holster, I always drew it straight out and never had a problem with it. That is the way it is designed as far as I know.
            "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Originally posted by Jglad82PD
              Thats what I've been working on and have it down pretty good, but it can still hose up on me sometimes. I just don't want the one time it does bind up to be the one time when the s**t has hit the fan and I need to get it out with no wasted time. BTW what do you think of the Operator and the M3 light? I have the Surefire X200 and love the setup with the TLE. I almost went with the Operator but the Kimber just felt a little better. I shot equally with both.
              I really like the combination, really impressed with the Operator. The M3 just makes things that much easier.
              1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro56
                I have the same holster with the added switch and hood that I added to make it a level iii holster. As far as taking my weapon out of the holster, I always drew it straight out and never had a problem with it. That is the way it is designed as far as I know.
                I use the 6280 and I agree with Pedro.

Comment

Originally posted by SO535
                  I use the 6280 and I agree with Pedro.
                  Same here.

Also, for what it's worth, when I first ordered my 6280 they sent one that would not accomodate the rail and the gun wouldn't even go all the way into the holster. The rail would catch about an inch before the bottom of the holster. The thumbreak wouldn't go over the gun so unless that's happening I'd say you have the correct holster.
                  "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
                  Matthew 11:28

Comment

I carried the 6280 with a glock 22 for about a year. The holster is designed for a true "straight up" draw. The gun will hang up or not come out at all unless the draw is perfectly vertical. I had a problem with this as I tend to rock my hand back when I draw. I have since switched to the Safariland RAPTOR level 2 holster and found it much eaisier (and actually faster) to draw from. Just putting in my 2 cents!
                    amateurs practice till they get it right...professionals practice until we cant get it wrong.

Comment

Silicone spray the interior of the holster and a.) leave the gun overnight in the holster, and b.) spray interior with silicone spray and practice drawing - this helps to "mould" the suede interior that helps the handgun bind in the holster when a gun-grab is attempted from the side (apart from protecting the finish on your firearm). Silicone helps to wear the holster in and allows for a more forgiving draw motion.

Comment

Hi everyone

I currently use the 1.5" Belt Drop SLS Hooded Duty Holster - Model 6285 with the Safariland 6000 SLS Holster Hood Guard for my Glock 35 without any problems....but I have to say that I have the holster positioned on MY body were it's comfortable and it allows me to draw straight up naturally without any hiccup's...but that's me! I don't use the Sentry Security Option...I think it's awkward and is to much security for this peticular holster. If a suspect is able to take my gun out of my holster even after I have used retention techniques to keep the hood from un-locking and gun in place, bite him, gouged his eyes, stabbed him(if necc.) etc..you get the point...well then he deserves it! That's my opinion...but remember you have to use and carry what works for YOU! You don't always have to use a holster because everyone else uses it or it's cool (not that it's your reason. Just an example). Just use what works!

Be safe out there!
                        And yes thats the way I wanted to spell it!lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5656 users online. 338 members and 5318 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X