300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinger holster

I've got a leather stinger/baton holder that I want to use strictly for my stinger but it's a little too loose of a fit. Anyone have an idea on how to shrink it down a little bit?

I once had the problem of trying to EXPAND a holster for my Stinger. My advice to you is to buy a smaller holster that will be a good fit. I could tell you horror stories of trying to expand my holster in the oven and having the kitchen smell like burning leather for days. Just get a new holster. It is NOT worth it to try to modify your existing holster.
    Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

He's right. I carried my Stinger, and my ASP, in ASP breakway scabards (Basketweave), or in Bianchi Accumold carriers. They fit well.
      N. A. Corbier
      Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
      Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

The ASP isn't a problem

I've got the break-away for my ASP, I've heard that if you soak the leather in water for a little bit then let the sun dry it out it will shrinnk.

Comment

put a rubber band around your stinger and then electrical tape over the rubber band. it will keep the rubber band from rolling off as you draw stinger.

Comment

Originally posted by chicubs
            I've got the break-away for my ASP, I've heard that if you soak the leather in water for a little bit then let the sun dry it out it will shrinnk.
            I would STROGLY reccomend against modifying existing leather gear. For one thing, there are no guarentees as to the condition of the duty gear once you modify it, so you have no idea how it will hold up under less than ideal conditions. Also, there are many different brands of leather duty gear out there, many of which look the same so you will not have to worry about having a Stinger holster that is the same brand as your current gear.

You can find a good holster for less thatn $25, so cost should not be too large of a factor.
            Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5421 users online. 308 members and 5113 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X