300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty holster for Springfield XD 9..?

Hi, everyone. I'm going to be carrying a Springfield XD 9, 4" barrel for the academy.

I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to source a lvl 2 or 3 retention holster that would be a nice fit.

I'm leaning towards the Gould & Goodrich Galaxy DuraPro III Holster, but I can't help but shudder at the 89.99 sticker. After all, I'm just a poor cadet.
    The Once and Future, Sgt. Love...

$89.99 is actually pretty reasonable for a duty holster. My duty holster cost me right up around $140. You could probably score a cheap nylon Bianchi carry holster for around $50-60. They are quite serviceable holsters but certainly not close to the Safariland hoslters. G&G is good stuff as well, but its gonna cost you more than an Uncle Mike's or Bianchi nylon.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I see. Well, I found out today that I can get a 10% discount from Galls as a cadet. So that helps a bit.

I'm partial to leather. I just don't think the Nylon looks up to snuff. And even then, I can't decide between basketweave or smooth.

Comment

There are places cheaper than Galls. Look for the forum thread in this area about online places. And they give discounts, most of them, as well.

If your going to carry this after the academy, get a Safariland Raptor or SLS holster, or go all out and get a 070. If its gonna be junked, get the Bianchi Accumold Elite. Its pleather, and looks nice, while not being too expensive.
        N. A. Corbier
        Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
        Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

I don't know why I didnt mention this before, have you checked E-Bay? I've picked up holsters on there for as much as 75% below retail. I know there are a TON of Safariland holsters on there. Check it out.
          Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I just bought the safariland 6280 for my XD .40. It fits really well. I got my from copsplus.com

here is the link: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2088.php
            4/4/09

Lest We Forget

Pittsburgh Bureau of Police

Comment

Copsplus is a great place but beware, they can take a heck of a long time to ship your item if they don't have it in stock. At least with galls you can call and ask them if they have something in stock.
              Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Hey, cool. That's absolutely perfect. I would rather have something basketweave, but I know I can't beat that price. Everything else I'm coming up with is in excess of $130.00.

Thanks for that link!

Comment

Check out the Serpa

Blackhawk Industries makes a wonderful holster called the Serpa; has a finger tab for release and is very secure, but quite fast also. They just started making it for the XD, and you would be surprised at the quality. Another cool feature I enjoy is that you have the option of plain or carbon fiber finish (which blends nicely with our new nylon textured gear), and you get both the belt loop and paddle setups with it. Blackhawk also makes the same holster ina leg drop model with optional modular attachments, which I use for TAC training; and right now there is one on e-bay for 60 bucks or so. Definitely worth a look.
                  "It's not how far the shot was; it's how close you were able to get."

--Jeff Cooper

Comment

Those of you carrying the XD service model as a duty weapon should replace the guide rod before trusting your life to it. There is a weld that holds the spring captive that will break under high volume fire locking up the weapon. Contact A James at XD Talk for details. This is really a top notch weapon with a few relatively cheap modifications. I own the .40 Tactical and it is a superb weapon with superior ergonomics.

Comment

That's an interesting note. Thanks.

I found a local police supply store that was able to order a basketweave Safariland 6280 to fit my XD. I consider myself VERY lucky, as it was less than 90 bucks.

It should be arriving this week, and then I'll be complete.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6369 users online. 369 members and 6000 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X