300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safariland Raptor Holster Question

Does this holster have a jacket slot similar to the traditional 070 holster?

I'm looking for a holster that has a jacket slot so the weapon rides away from my body an inch or so.

None of the photos on Safarilands website have a good image.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

With the standard belt attachment it does. If you go to the "1" series belt attachment (the model number would end in 1) it becomes a high ride and loses the jacket slot. If you go to the 1.5" or 2" drop (the model number ends in 5) it will also have a jacket slot.

So, yes in its standard form, the Raptor does have a jacket slot.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper
      With the standard belt attachment it does. If you go to the "1" series belt attachment (the model number would end in 1) it becomes a high ride and loses the jacket slot. If you go to the 1.5" or 2" drop (the model number ends in 5) it will also have a jacket slot.

So, yes in its standard form, the Raptor does have a jacket slot.

Thank you!

You don't happen to have a photo of the holster at an angle to see this would you? All the photos I see are straight on and I would like to see it at an angle.
      A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

I'm sorry, I might've misinterpreted...

but

There is a high ride adapter for the Raptor? I have searched high and low for the answer to this question with no luck, including e-mailing Safariland reps.

The standard "mid-ride" is not high enough for my liking.
        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14
          I'm sorry, I might've misinterpreted...

but

There is a high ride adapter for the Raptor? I have searched high and low for the answer to this question with no luck, including e-mailing Safariland reps.

The standard "mid-ride" is not high enough for my liking.

Yup there is. It will fit any Safariland holster that uses the UBL. I know the 6280 (standard height) can also become the 6285(1.5" or 2" drop) or the 6281(high ride). I believe the belt attachment is made to make these holsters into "concealable" holsters. However, anyone who's ever handled one knows you can't conceal it under anything but a parka. The "concealable" belt loop is made to fit 2" or 2.25" duty belts also. This allows the holster to function quite effectively as a high ride. I've personally seen it done with a 6281 and a SSIII 070, not yet with a Raptor (only a couple pics), but it will work.
          Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5068 users online. 271 members and 4797 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X