300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladius Flashlight

Anyone have any feedback on this new flashlight (the top left video)
    http://www.blackhawkvideo.com/night-ops.html From what I'm seeing, it looks pretty nice. Expensive as hell though.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

I wouldn't say "expensive as hell", cuz I've spent more than that on a flashlight. It is an AWESOME light, truly gives features and capabilities that were pretty much unimagined. Ken Good (the designer and major life blood behind it) is a great guy and pretty much the pre-eminent expert when it comes to light tools for mil/le. I'd like to get one if they come out with a 9volt version of it.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I've been carrying mine as my primary duty light since I got it a few months ago now.

Great light and I've had no problems with it apart from the finish which is no way near as durable as HAIII.

I carry a Surefire L4 in my stab vest pocket for close range stuff, the Gladius on my duty belt and a Tigerlight in the car.

I'm running the Gladius on PILA 168S rechargeable batteries which work great apart from a double flash every 15 seconds or so when on constantly to tell yuo the battery voltage is low as they only run at 3.7v but the circuitry in the gladius takes that and gives full power light out the front no problem. 123a batteries are a lot more expensive over here even buying from the states what with postage, duty etc so the free lumens from the pila's is great. The L4 also runs on these so I can swap the battereis if needed

Comment

I was lucky enough to be THE first person to be able to try a Gladius out in a recent passaround via http://www.candlepowerforums.com.

I also, unfortunately, and not intentionally, tested just how tough that ceramic coating on it was, accidentally dropping the Gladius out of my jacket pocket onto a gravel parking lot!

I really liked the Gladius, and found the electronic-control tail-cap to be rather intuitive to operate, once you looked over the manual and practiced with it a bit.

Check out http://www.ebay.com and type "gladius flashlight" in the search box, as there have been several for sale lately.

You can't go wrong with buying at least one high-quality lighting tool, as I doubt highly any LEO/PO will EVER use any other tool as frequently as s/he uses their lighting tool.
        #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
        Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
        RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
        Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
        "Smile" - no!

Comment

Got a Gladius

Well, after looking and looking, I finally got a Gladius off of eBay for $177.00. I couldn't believe it. I was the first one to get one from the guy and he's now selling them at this price hand over fist. I absolutely love this light guys. I've showed it off to the department and to our tactical team during a recent training exercise. All it takes is a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the rotary cap on the end and you're in. I was carrying a Surefire Z2 in a V70 holster. Now, the Gladius fits into the same holster, bezel down, perfectly. Very much recommended.
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

I got one last week from Bo-tac, the end cap is a little loose and will rattle if shaken, they're aware and working on it, and the beam has a dark spot in it when shone on a wall, like the bulb is slightly off-center, also a known issue, I called Blackhawk and discussed this with them. The instruction manual does not advise how to adjust the intensity, When you turn it on to the first position from lockout, you keep the button depressed on it and it will dim. Release and press again and it will get brighter. Second position is the strobe and 3rd is the instant on-off like a sure-fire. Seems a little brighter than the Surefire executive, the Surefire has a white light, the Gladius is more blue, the surefire is rated at 60 lumens and the gladius is rated at 80. The strobe feature is probably better for the politically correct climate present today in most agencies versus smacking somebody with a mag-lite when they're acting up.

Comment

Originally posted by GoGo Gadget
              The strobe is great for advancing down a long dark hallway towards an unknown threat. When done properly, it will give anyone on the recieving end vertigo and they will have a hard time taking a shot with any degree of accuracy.
              When done properly, anyone on the receiving end of the rechargable 30,000 candlepower Mag- lite was temporarily blinded and wouldn't be able to fire accurately either. This strobe technology, like tasers and everything else, is not foolproof, nor an acceptable substitute for proper training and common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike 842
                When done properly, anyone on the receiving end of the rechargable 30,000 candlepower Mag- lite was temporarily blinded and wouldn't be able to fire accurately either. This strobe technology, like tasers and everything else, is not foolproof, nor an acceptable substitute for proper training and common sense.
                Quoted for truth. This strobe thing seems like a way to leave your light on while advancing, instead of using it sparingly.
                N. A. Corbier
                Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

One of the guys I work with has one I played with it a bit and really wanted to try it out, I'm on a pass along list with candlepowerforums.com should be getting it in the next couple of weeks. I'll write what I find but so far I'm reading nothing but good things.
                  Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Best $$$ i ever spent on a flashlight. Highly recommend it. Best part is the automatic shutdown feature if the temp. gets to high. I burned my surefire's lens a couple of times and hopefully it's not gonna happen with the gladius.
                    5.56 Grains of Diplomacy

Comment

If you are looking for a holster for a Gladius, I THINK that a Pelican Model 7057, which comes with the Pelican M9 rechargeable light, will fit it (I used my Pila GL3 to check for size, because I THINK its bezel is ABOUT the same size as the Gladius' bezel and star flange), so if you can find a Pelican dealer you might be able to get one.
                      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                      "Smile" - no!

Comment

I posted last week about a call I made in reference to a couple issues with the gladius. I received in the mail,from Mike Timothy at Blackhawk products in Virginia, a new tailcap assembly and switch. The new switch is much tighter and the detents are more 'positive' than the original was. Apparently, they do a good job of backing up their product.

Comment

I posted last week about a call I made in reference to a couple issues with the gladius. I received in the mail,from Mike Timothy at Blackhawk products in Virginia, a new tailcap assembly and switch. The new switch is much tighter and the detents are more 'positive' than the original was. Apparently, they do a good job of backing up their product.
                          A friend of mine is a dealer for Blackhawk, and when I contacted him about these lights, he told me that there were problems with the switch, and that they were being redesigned. So I have held off buying one so far.

Comment

They still have to revise their instruction manual to include how to use the bright to dim and back to bright feature and to use a graphite type dry lube on the barrel threads, that and get the shadow out of the beam. Having a friend who is a dealer is a good thing, he can give you a "heads up" on when the issues have been resolved.

Comment

They still have to revise their instruction manual to include how to use the bright to dim and back to bright feature and to use a graphite type dry lube on the barrel threads, that and get the shadow out of the beam. Having a friend who is a dealer is a good thing, he can give you a "heads up" on when the issues have been resolved.
                              Stop making puppets with your hands and you won't have that shadow in the beam!! LOL Seriously though, I read your post and broke my light out. I don't have this shadow that you've mentioned. Wonder if it's a problem with your particular light? I do, however, have an issue with my tailcap assembly. Seems really loose. I'm wondering if they'll replace mine??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2678 users online. 135 members and 2543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X