Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    A former coworker and self defense instructor of mine swears by Bodyguard fogger. He hated Fox, saying that, while it was hot, it took too long to activate after he got hit.

He's a bit of a fanatic...he refuses to carry or recommend anything that he hasn't been sprayed with. He has hours of video of him trying to wack his partner with a nerf baseball bat after being sprayed with various kinds of OC.

Leave a comment:

• redneck41
    replied
    We carry Bodyguard LE-10 Foam, made by Guardian Personal Security Products. I've been hit with it, and I've watched 10 others get hit with it. Absolutely devistating. I've been hit with other sprays in the past during various recerts, but this one is the worst. BTW, we carry foam because of the environment we work in - a hospital.

Leave a comment:

• jeffIL
    replied
    my face is burning right now just reading this thread!

Leave a comment:

• Eddie C.
    replied
    Body Guard

Have use Body Guard several times when I was with Maricopa County Sheriffs Office, both in the jails then out in the streets. This stuff works pretty good even on those under the influence. My buddies called me " The Spray Master", I had those use of force forms down to a science!

Leave a comment:

• WVFuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by uptownfed
    Anyone here ever use Vexor(15 Million SHU)? Some depts in the area have recently gone to it.
    I have used Vexor, however, I prefer CAP-STUN which is made by the same company. ZARC international. After using them both I have had a much quicker response/reaction with the CAP-STUN. When I used Vexor, it seem to have a delayed response on the subjects, as when using CAP-STUN the reaction was almost immediate.

Leave a comment:

• nacorbier
    replied
    Ah, yes, Pepperball PAVA II. I have their rep trying to convince me that its legal to sell me in Wisconsin, when all you can have is 10% OC with no dyes, etc.

Punch II never really bothered me. Freeze +P is the devil incarnated into a black can. Of course, so is Sabre CS/OC. Any CS/OC is evil. And highly effective.

State Law prohibits anyone but LE from carrying Vexor. Oh, well, at least I understand it does what it says, and says what it does.

Leave a comment:

• hebron24
    replied
    Originally posted by chicubs
    I've talked to some fellow deputies and have heard that the people who make the pepperball guns have come out with a an oc. Anyone know about that one?
    I carry pepperball oc now. I've haven't had the chance to use it on a hobo yet, but I've sprayed myself with it just to see how it stands up to the all of the other stuff I've been hit with. I would rate it just under Freeze +P. I will never, ever, ever take another hit of +P again willingly as long as I live.

Leave a comment:

• scuba4321
    replied
    Yes , We use Vexor. And I can personally speak of it's potency!! I was "certified " with it 2 weeks ago. I had side effects for 36 hrs after being hit with it. Very nasty stuff!! The neat thing is when the chemical leaves the bottle, the stream twists like a vortex, so it work much better in the wind...This stuff is insane!

Leave a comment:

• nacorbier
    replied
    Originally posted by uptownfed
    Anyone here ever use Vexor(15 Million SHU)? Some depts in the area have recently gone to it.
    I'm kinda interested in Vexor, as well, if nothing else than from a chemical standpoint. Its supposed to be pure capscain (However you spell it, the C in OC), without an oleoresin binder.

It sounds like they took the ingredient in "IcyHot" and put it into OC - eliminating the natural part of the OC. While MSI uses "This is food grade, natural, OC," as a selling point, CapStun's Vexor is the total opposite: Pure Capsicium, lab quality, instant irritant.

Leave a comment:

• uptownfed
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JakeK
    replied
    I carry FOX (5.3 million SHU of gitcher *** down, baby!)

Leave a comment:

• pacers111
    replied
    I would go with Fox Labs...It definetly packs a punch!

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    I carry Fox and can attest to the quicker decontamination. The last person I sprayed was deconed in 15 or 20 mins.

Leave a comment:

• jeeper
    replied
    The percentage of OC doesn't do anything for heat. In my/our experience, the higher percentages only take longer to decon as you have to remove more active ingredient.

SHU is Scoville Heat Units. SHU is the measure of heat coming off an OC product and is the best measure of potency. We use Def-Tec First Defense, I believe it is a 10% solution. I believe it is rated somewhere between 400,000 and 500,000SHU. Fox and some of the newer products out there use a different mix of OC product and propellent and other items to increase the heat of their product. There are also new products which come pretty close to Fox's SHU ratings.

Without a doubt, Fox is the most potent hardest hitting stuff out there. Our First Defense has taken upwards of an hour to fully decon someone after it has been deployed. A local agency that uses Fox says that it routinely takes 10-15 minutes to decon after a deployment. Obviously, with Fox's heat, it will be more of a risk to officers when deployed and mean you need to take extra care to not be downwind of it. Interestingly, Fox also recommends using chemical suedecon(sp) wipe for best decontamination.

IF you go to Fox, be sure to get the literature and information from the maker about after effects on some people. If you don't, you might be a little frightened to see peeling skin and a severe sunburn on *some* fair skinned individuals.

Leave a comment:

• DavidP71
    replied
    I see the majority like the fox labs OC. However, fox is only 2% OC compared to other OC's that claim 17%. Why would the 17% OC not be better? Fox also states their product is 5.3 million s.h.u., where other company's do not give a rating for s.h.u. I am confused here, does anybody have any more info on this?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5398 users online. 345 members and 5053 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X