300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best oc/cs

What do you all think is the best oc/cs spray to use? I use Freeze+P and it's always worked pretty good, but I was wondering if anyone knows of anything better.

There was an "In the Line of Duty" series where an officer used FreezePlus+ with excellent results. I'm kind of curious about it... though I don't think we're allowed to use tear gas.

We use generic Defense Armaments's "Pepper 10" MK-3 stream.
    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

There is a new OC/CS combo that I understands really kicks ***. I saw a demo, and it was great. You not only get the burning and pain from the OC, but also the added joy of nausea and shortness of breath from th CS. I'm not sure of the maker, but I do know that it is available.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I perfer Sabre Red, or Sabre Red + CS. If you (Or another agency) uses Tasers, then get a water based OC/CS spray, so you don't torch a guy who's being tasered. Kenosha just torched a guy by deploying OC and Taser simultanously.

I admit the only reason I like Sabre Red is because of annecdotal. I hosed a guy with it, instead of running around like a drooling snot monster he dropped to the ground screaming. His face was blistered after 5 minutes exposure to the OC. EMS decontaminated him, and the police were like, "What did you USE on him?!" After showing them the bottle, one of them remarked that she's picking up a can. They carried Punch II.

I've used Sabre Red + CS, and that completely destroys people's ability to fight if you get it on target. I've known of people who would spray a big cloud into a hallway right before going to get some teens doing drug runs, and as they run from the officers, they hit the cloud and are sufficently stunned by the sudden choking sensation as to be caught easily.

Just about everybody makes CS/OC, though. Defense Technologies (Mace Brand, Federal Labs, etc) makes one, as do Sabre and Aerko.
        N. A. Corbier
        Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
        Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

the torching happened 'again'? It happened in NY somewhere years ago. Goes to show not everyone learns from history. DON'T USE ALCOHOL based products!

Comment

Kenosha Police Department. Every patrol officer carries an X26. One went to OC, one went to Taser, and the guy torched. Racine Police was QUICK to state, "We carry water based OC, folks, don't worry, we won't set you on fire if you resist us."
            N. A. Corbier
            Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Fox Labs is THE best!

It is the hottest OC on the market and also one of the lowest percentages of pure capsacins so it can be deconned in as little as 10-15 minutes using the recommended Pseudocon wipes. Having said that, I have to carry DefTec First Defense stuff. It is no where near as hot as Fox (having been exposed to both). Also, due to its higher level of capsacins it takes ALOT longer to Decon. I've only seen Fox fail to render a suspect totally compliant one time..he was tweaking.

I played with Freeze +P at training with some coppers from MN. I was not really impressed. Though, it did kill the heck outta all the ants in an ant hill...don't ask
              Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I carry Punch II as issued by my department and I carry Fox Labs in my tigerlight. I have not had the opportunity to use either....yet

I was sprayed with punch II, I wasn't that impressed. Yes it had all the effects but I was able to deliver knee strikes to an instructor with a hit pad a good 10 feet back before he concluded the exercise.
                Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

We are issued First Defense MK-3. I am not very impressed with it. People seem to be able to fight through it without too much difficulty if they are angry. Now it seems to hurt like heck once they are cuffed and settled down, but that is not when we need it to work!

Comment

I just got hit with Sabre Red 5.5% in the academy a couple days ago... it works very well!

Comment

Originally posted by INCOP
                      We are issued First Defense MK-3. I am not very impressed with it. People seem to be able to fight through it without too much difficulty if they are angry. Now it seems to hurt like heck once they are cuffed and settled down, but that is not when we need it to work!
                      I carried First Defense once. They sent us the stupid yellow CA cans. Sprayed a guy with it, he ran three blocks before my partner allowed him to run into the front of a cruiser. Had no effect on him, except when he was already cuffed and stuffed waiting for rescue and police.

By the end of the night, we were spraying at each other to see if it worked. Taco sauce in your eye is more effective. We both went and got Sabre Red 10%, and proceeded to dispense hellfire in stream form at those who wished us harm.

I have yet to get my hands on some Fox 5.3, but I hear its good and quick to decontaminate as stated above. I used to laugh about Punch II, but they must of pumped the forumula up, because as of 2004, it started hitting hard.
                      N. A. Corbier
                      Visiting Commando Leader

Comment

I'm not LEO, but I do work with the PD on occasion (FD) and help get the spray out of their eyes when they spray themselves and I see a lot of detainees sprayed with it. Our PD swears by FOX. From the looks of it, it is some bad stuff. Guys gagging and choking and snot and all other stuff. It burns my nose and eyes whenever I get within 20' of the stuff. Our LEO's say it is the best stuff made. That's their opinion I suppose, but I beleive them.

The other night a LEO sprayed a guy that was resisting and the perp messed his pants. So not only did we have to smell the FOX, but also the young man too.

Comment

woo, my department is SMART!

what did I get issued to me today? Flammable OC.

Comment

Pepperball oc

I've talked to some fellow deputies and have heard that the people who make the pepperball guns have come out with a an oc. Anyone know about that one?

Comment

Originally posted by kcolg
                              woo, my department is SMART!

what did I get issued to me today? Flammable OC.
                              Well, you now have an intermediate AND lethal force option! Taser them, and if it doesn't work, advise the suspect that you have flammable OC and will light them on fire if they don't stop resisting.

Do you have to carry it, or can you buy your own water-based?
                              N. A. Corbier
                              Visiting Commando Leader

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4177 users online. 244 members and 3933 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X