300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casco batons

Awhile ago I started a thread about expandable batons, asking what everyone liked best. I didn't feel like bringing that thread back though, because I have a question specifically about Casco batons.

I've gotten to play around with one before, but I couldn't really tell any significant difference from the ASP. Are ASPs actually superior in any way? Or is it just people assuming that because an ASP costs more, that is must be better?

Any thoughts?

I think there are many "asp like" batons that will do the job just fine, galls has one that would work fine, it's not like a friction lock baton is any kind of high technology, basically a metal version of that old plastic expandable lightsaber we all had as a kid, hell I've even said after hitting one guy on the arm "luke I am your father!"...

j/k

but anyway....I personally way way way prefer monadnock (sp) with the push button locking action, it does feel a tad less sturdy than an asp but when I have used it during a use of force I had no problem with it. Plus it closes so much easier. A bit more expensive but worth it in my book.
    Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

I have had a chance to play with the Autolocks, and I decided that although the push button closure is nice, sometimes its kind of stiff and I actually think its easier to slam the ASP on the ground. I'm also kind of paranoid about all the moving parts in the autolock, and I think I would trust a simpler design more.

The reasons I was curious about the Cascos is that they are cheaper, and they make a length inbetween the 21 inch and 26 inch, which ASP doesn't. I always thought the 21 seemed too short, and the 26 seemed too long, so a 24 inch like Casco's would be nice.

Comment

Only thing I remember about CASCO batons is that they do one thing that ASP does not, during training. If your suddenly presented with a lethal force situation, ASP taught you to drop your baton and transition to firearm or blade. CASCO teaches to baseball bat the guy upside the head, basically, as a lethal force option.

Other than that... Its an expandable friction lock baton. They look alot like the ASP Federal Series, ie: the ones with the overmolded handle that isn't replacable.

I like my ASP, but I like it solely out of personal preference. Then again, I carry around a 31" ASP Sabre, I mean baton, in chrome. Let me tell you, that thing swings like a sword.
        N. A. Corbier
        Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
        Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Casco Baton

I recommed the Monadnock 24" Mariner friction lock straight baton.

Monadnock Inc. www.policebatons.com

Comment

Monadnock's classic friction lock baton. Forgot these guys made anything but the Autolock, PR-24, and Autolock Jr.
            N. A. Corbier
            Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
            Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Monadnock Auto lock... much better than friction lock style batons and they collapse much easier.

Comment

Monadnock Inc. makes any kind of straight baton friction, rigid, postive lock and auto lock. The have straight batons in length 16" - 36"

They have PR-24 batons rigid and expandable.

Monadnock Inc. has a life time warranty on there batons.

There are pros and cons to any of these batons. www.policebatons.com

Comment

I have used both a ASP and Casco. I cannot tell any difference in them. I currently use a Casco and have had it for 3years now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4919 users online. 294 members and 4625 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X