300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoky rig

I just bought a used duty set from an officer that was a heavy smoker, and all the gear smells. Anyone know a way to get rid of some of it? It's a leather rig.

febreeze?

Comment

Febreeze works on a lot of things, but I don't know how it would work on leather. Try giving everything a good cleaning, then repolish. Or you could also see what placing it in a plastic storage tub with a few dryer sheets would do. I used that trick to get the smell out of an old radio and its speakers from a cigar smoking fiend.
      " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

Try some saddle soap. It's likely that the wax in the polish absorbed the odor. A little scrubbing with saddle soap, water, and a medium firm brush should help.

After the leather has dried from the saddle soap (1-2 days) apply a coat of Lincoln leather dye. After the dye has dried, apply some high quality polish (I would recommend a cream polish rather than a paste)

When you're done your rig will look better than new and it should smell better also.

Regards,

Phoenix
        Last edited by Phoenix; 08-26-2005, 11:24 AM.
        Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

I love people who take the time to take care of their real leather gear, btw. But, I have to wonder what kind of rig the guy bought?

If its nylon, like accumold or something, throw the damn thing in a plastic bag with some dryer sheets, or frebreeze it to death.

If its Safarilaminate, then I don't know. Hit it with decontaminate?
          N. A. Corbier
          Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
          Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

?

It's a Bianchi B2 Basketweave, thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3833 users online. 219 members and 3614 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X