300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Swat

I've noticed through searching this board that people seem to enjoy Original SWAT boots. So you all have pretty much answered my question, but I just want to confirm:

I'm thinking about getting the 9" side-zip boot for the academy. Any thoughts? Not the waterproof ones (I'd probably get those for winter boots though). I tried them on and they seem really comfy and durable. My biggest problem is that I'm female and haven't been able to find the right boot...so far these wins.

Anything I should look out for or any praises you have specifically would be appreciated!
    "The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
    - Ronald Reagan

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."
    - Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by kttref
    I've noticed through searching this board that people seem to enjoy Original SWAT boots. So you all have pretty much answered my question, but I just want to confirm:

I'm thinking about getting the 9" side-zip boot for the academy. Any thoughts? Not the waterproof ones (I'd probably get those for winter boots though). I tried them on and they seem really comfy and durable. My biggest problem is that I'm female and haven't been able to find the right boot...so far these wins.

Anything I should look out for or any praises you have specifically would be appreciated!
    I have a pair of the side-zips, steel toed. I don't wear them anymore except to kick around in. I used the crap out of them to where the rubber on the front of the toe is pretty scuffed up and so it doesn't look that attractive for work. But new they look sharp, I like them. And they are comfortable. I really like having a steel toe. It comes in handy more times than many people realize.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Hey thanks for the remark. You didn't have a problem with the zipper? I've been told they're good by a few people and then other people jump down my throat for even thinking about it. Thanks again.
      "The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
      - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

Hi and cograts, as everybody else I had a problem with waterproof Swat 9. Zipper collapsed second day but since January they withdrawal all of them from sale and production and all of us got new model. Now zipper goes all the way and there is less chance to rip zipper apart, but overall SWAT boots are good not the best but worth every dollar

Comment

Yeah I've heard they're not the best in the world, but I can't afford the best! So that's great advice. Thanks!
          - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

I've owned three pair of SWAT and love them its like an old comfortable tennis shoe, I hated the zipper ones because it broke but they did replace both boots at no charge.

Comment

Wow, that's awesome to know. Thanks FedCop....I think I'm going to get them, not only are they in my price range, but everyone seems to like them decently enough
              - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

Try the OAKLEY SI boots. They are waterproof, lightweight, and they give a substancial discount to LE.
                In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

I've worn Original Swat Classic 10s for a good long while now. Very comfortable, but the leather above the sole has a tendency to crack, and the rubber tends to wear down quickly. I've found I have to replace the boots often, but the price is right. And they look great when polished.

Comment

I ordered a pair yesterday, should be in in a couple of days!
                    - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4759 users online. 286 members and 4473 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X