300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight warning

Heres a warning that should be placed on flashlights which you keep on your belt in an enclosed case: Make sure the d***** thing is turned off when you put it back in the holster!

I don't know how it happened, I don't think that I even took it off my belt, but I assisted in the search of a vehicle, then went to the PD to assist in processing a prisoner. We went in the squad room to BS a little, and I touched my light for some reason or the other and it was hot as hell. I pull it out and it was on...for God knows how long and inside a nylon holster. The light had to have been activated while inside the holster. It melted the top of the holster, but luckily I caught it before I had to call the hosedraggers.

Too bad I didn't burn myself, I could have sued Surefire!! Owell, missed opportunities.
    "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Which surefire was it?
    Bedtime at sunrise

Comment

I feel your pain, literally. I did that years ago with a Stinger. My holster was not covered and I just about burned my lower back. I was driving and kept thinking, "man my back hurts, feels like its burning". I took me about 5 minutes to realize my light was on. When I looked at my back it was all red from the light. AND YES, I did feel stupid.

Comment

Most flashlights from Surefire now say CAUTION: HOT. Probally just for this reason. I've heated up my old Accumold case with my stinger, forgot to turn it off, and you don't know its on because its behind your radio, and the flap is over it. You eventually figure it out when your on fire.
        N. A. Corbier
        Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
        Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Most have happened with a old model G-2 that doesn't have the LOCT tail-cap. The new G-2 selling now have the LOTC tail-cap as do all the others like the 6 P, 9 P, C. 2, C 3, etc.

So when you switch it off you turn the tail-cap 3/4 of a turn and will stay locked-on

black bea84
          builder of the BOREALIS flashlight
          www.BlackBearFlashlights.com
          E- mail [email protected]

Comment

Most have happened with a old model G-2 that doesn't have the LOCT tail-cap. The new G-2 selling now have the LOTC tail-cap as do all the others like the 6 P, 9 P, C. 2, C 3, etc.
            Actually my light is a new G-2, I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and it does have the loct tail-cap. I can't figure out how it came on, I really don't think I had it out using it, and even when I do use it I just use the tailcap switch/button and I don't turn the tail-cap. The only thing I can think of is the cap was turned too close to the on position, and I must have accidentally turned it more when re-adjusting the light or something.

There probably was a warning in the paperwork somewhere, but who reads those things anyway? lol
            "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Originally posted by Surefire Product Manual
              Warning: This flashlight may turn on for strange reasons, or no reason. It will burn you. However, we consider this a valuable tactical feature as you can cook food with it, or burn targets in CQB.
              heh. I could see that, too.
              N. A. Corbier
              Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
              Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4540 users online. 308 members and 4232 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X