300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bates Boots

What's happenin' all? Am looking to get a new set of boots.

While in the Marines I used the new boot Bates made for our Digi uniform and found them quite comfortable. Upon browsing catalogs I noticed the new(er) Bates Ultra-Lites in 8" NON-zip. Anyone using this particular boot and have any feedback on it?

Also looking at the Danner Acacia... whish I know quite a bit about and obviously is on a different level with the Bates footwear in regards to use... but heard they are comfortable, not as light as say the Bates, but also very professional looking. So that is my other choice.

Any feedback?
    sigpic

I have had 2 sets of boots in my 2.5 years on, only have danners and i love them. The ones you are looking into are expensive but well worth it. If you are used to the bates that you had in the service, you may wanna stick with them since you are used to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
      What's happenin' all? Am looking to get a new set of boots.

While in the Marines I used the new boot Bates made for our Digi uniform and found them quite comfortable. Upon browsing catalogs I noticed the new(er) Bates Ultra-Lites in 8" NON-zip. Anyone using this particular boot and have any feedback on it?

Also looking at the Danner Acacia... whish I know quite a bit about and obviously is on a different level with the Bates footwear in regards to use... but heard they are comfortable, not as light as say the Bates, but also very professional looking. So that is my other choice.

Any feedback?
      Any questions in reguards to Bates, just private message LETSHEARIT4BLUE she know all about Bates especially the model you cited.

Comment

I would suggest the Danner Acadia. Spendier, but much higher quality. I had a pair of the Bates 8" Side Zip that I was happy with...but after three months the zipper broke off one of the boots. So, I guess I'd suggest getting a non-zip if you go with the Bates.

If you want a GOOD price on some 8" Danner Acadias, go here:

Bratemans
        Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
        Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Law Pro

As I said before I bought a pair of Jungle Boots from Law Pro... Had to get them because of price and quality...and they are a court deputy's choice

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
            Any questions in reguards to Bates, just private message LETSHEARIT4BLUE she know all about Bates especially the model you cited.
            oh ahahaha you're a funny guy...
            I got the Bates Enforcer Series Ultra-Lites, 5" Zipper Composite Safety Toe from galls. Haven't had them for long enough to give a good opinion on them though and they're my first pair so I don't have anything to compare them to.
            Hell of a lot better than what I used to wear though, horseback riding boots, *shutters*.
            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Bates ultra lites

Hey im a correctional officer and I own a pair of 8" bates ultra lites with side zip. I love them they are as the name says "LITE" they are almost as lite as my asics. Anyways I got them out of Galls and paid $70 for them and after being on my feet with them for a long time they are still comfortable. Id recomend them for anyone. The only thing is I wear a 12 in them and a 13 in normal shoes??? Maybe they run smaller but I think they are a great buy.

Comment

If you love the quality of Danner boots but don't like the weight and stiff soles of the Acadia, check out the new Danner Stinger. I bought a pair three months ago and I love them so much I just bought a second pair so I can rotate them. They are significantly lighter than the Acadia, a little wider, and much more flexible. You can actually run in them without sounding like you're wearing 2x4's on your feet.

Regards,

Phoenix
                Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

I wear Bates Ultra Lites 8's side zip, great boots very light and comfy. No complaints. Got them from Quartermaster for a song (much cheaper then galls) i believe the website is qmuniforms.com The only problem I have had so far is that i scratched up the toes working a mva when I was working on the medic unit and haven't been able to fill in the scratches, but they are still very nice
                  Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

i've had full size police boots, and the next size down.." bates",
                    never had a problem or feeling that they weighed a ton....
                    I been wearing those army issue black wool boot socks, but for
                    comfort i finally got 5 pairs of throlo combat boot socks at 12 bucks a pop,
                    nice and fluffy and comfy.
                    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

I love the Bates Ultra-lites. They are not warm if you need to be outdoors for much of any period of time in the winter, but otherwise they are great. My first pair is over 2 years old, they are in fine shape. I bought another pair so I'd have a pair to wear on duty (clean) and use the old ones for range visits or training or just around.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4336 users online. 248 members and 4088 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X