300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level II or IIIA vest?

I am currently in the market for a new vest and can't decide between a level II or IIIA. Your thoughts?

Get the highest level vest that you can comfortably wear a 2a is fine but a 3a is better. My dept currently issues a 2a but its old cheaper tech. Bulky and not too easy to wear in the heat and humidity in southern Iowa.

Comment

Buy a vest that will protect you from whatever you carry.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
        Buy a vest that will protect you from whatever you carry.

Always a Rule of thumb... Statistics show 65% of cops get shot by there own gun... My vest will stop my gun....
        ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

My vest is ADVERTISED as being able to stop my duty round. There's no zylon in it; so it might.
          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Advertised by whom? Check the NIJ website for the certification chart, then make sure your duty round is on that chart, in the proper category.

Of course, don't switch to hotter ammo than your vest can carry. I still remember a shooting in Florida, I believe a deputy or police officer in Saint Petersburg had his vest shredded by a Black Talon/Winchester WXT Ranger round in 9mm from his own weapon, after he was severely beaten by suspect on an isolated trail (The Pinellas Trail). It made the media.
            N. A. Corbier
            Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
            Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

It was advetised by the manufacturer... then again, zylon was supposed to stop bullets too.
              I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4858 users online. 289 members and 4569 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X