Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncle Mike's Mirage low profile double mag case?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Mike's Mirage low profile double mag case?

Anyone used one of these yet?

I hate to order without knowing if they're actually practical for getting the mags out easily and cleanly. I'd LOVE to have a magazine holder that takes up less room and is less boxy/bulky. There's a lot of wasted space in the flap end of mine, even though they are made for the size of magazine I carry...

FWIW, I need basketweave... other brand recommendations welcome. Sidearm is a Glock 23 (.40)

Also, does anyone know if they are able to go on the belt horizontally?
    "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

Had the same question...

I considered it... but I had only seen them advertised as vertical carry. Plus, I opted to stick with the traditional style carried horizontally... with the groove between the two mags that your fingers can follow as you remove one.

I did go with the slimline pro-3... not a huge improvement, but it is better.

Last edited by Resq14; 08-07-2005, 03:56 PM.
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 01:17 AM.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper
          That particular mag holder can't be mounted horizontally. Also, I don't like the idea of the large flap. If I open it to reload and gotta run or something, I really don't to hear my other mag clanging to the ground.

I know that some of the high(er) dollar leather makers have mag pouches out there which can be mounted horizontally and also have individual flaps for each mag. They are also the slim line type with the magazines mounted on their spine like that. I toyed with buying one, but decided against it because I like the magazines being easier to grab the way they are.
          do you know a company name for the ones you have seen?

Comment

I did go with the slimline pro-3... not a huge improvement, but it is better.
            who makes it? I definitely need horizontal carry... but am completely out of room and need a smaller profile case! (again, basketweave, glock 23/.40 )

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 01:18 AM.
              Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've been looking for this particular mag pouch and can't find them. Anybody know where these might be available?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4427 users online. 257 members and 4170 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X