300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Uniforms

Are there any departments that wear Polo shirts in the summer for their patrol guys? Our department is considering going to a white polo shirt with BDU's. Just curious as to what other departments had embroidered onto their polo shirts and how happy their guys were with this uniform.

Our dept has recently adopted a "class C" uniform which is basically tactical pants with a polo. At the moment they are allowed for part time jobs and other periphal details.

Our county PD has been using polos with BDU type pants for a while now. They seem to like them better. Just be sure you have POLICE identifiers on all sides.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

No polo for patrol here but they wear dark blue tactical pants and a lighter blue polo at the training section. On the right breast is the officers embroidered rank and name and above the left breast is an embroidered badge with the city name on top of the badge and police on the bottom.

Comment

Within the last year my department went to white polo shirts (with embroidered badge) and BDU style shorts. I wish they would have gone with a light grey because white is so hard to keep clean. Other than that it is great.
        No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

My agency uses the Class C uniform concept as well. Ours is a dark blue polo shirt and dark blue tactical shorts. The polo looks identical to the regular uniform shirt, except for the obvious difference of being lighter wieght and has only 2 or 3 buttons as opposed to completely button up. ON both shoulders is the same patch that goes regular uniform shirts. Above the right breast pocket is First initial and last name in silver for officers gold for sgt and up. Above the left breast pocket is an emroidered badge. It looks identical to the regular officer badge, including city name. It does not include badge numer. Again gold for sgt and up silver for officers. Sgts have a single gold star where badge number would be, LT 2, capt 3, chief 4. This uniform is normally reserved for our bike patrol, or officers working over time details, like traffic or crowd control. In some situations it is also acceptable to wear the regula uniform shirt with tactical dark blue shorts. SO there is my two cents, sorry it is kinda lengthy
          "No you got the wrong number, this is 91....2"

Comment

All the agencies in my area allow a polo/tactical uniform for patrol. It would be cruel not to, given the extreme conditions. They are very comfortable and slightly cheaper, but my favorite part is that the "customers" can't grab your badge, nametag or any other fod you have to pin on your button down shirts as everything is embroidered. Very nice.

Comment

casual uniforms? Not here.

Dress uniform is for ceremonial use
              Class A is for court
              Class B is daily work uniform
              Class C is SAR, crime scene, and other dirty, grimey work.
              Our employee association sells polo shirts, but they can't be worn in place of a uniform, or when dealing directly with the public.
              UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY SHORTS EVER BE WORN.

It's hit 103 degrees here for several days in a row, but it IS a DRY heat...
              I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW.
                Dress uniform is for ceremonial use
                Class A is for court
                Class B is daily work uniform
                Class C is SAR, crime scene, and other dirty, grimey work.
                Our employee association sells polo shirts, but they can't be worn in place of a uniform, or when dealing directly with the public.
                UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY SHORTS EVER BE WORN.

It's hit 103 degrees here for several days in a row, but it IS a DRY heat...
                That is really unfortunate. Polos have really big advantages over the button downs and imho look just as smart.

Just out of curiousity, what is a class C if it isn't a polo/tactical pants?

Comment

My department allows us to wear whatever type of uniform we want when we want. They supply for us 3 5.11 tactical polos, 3 short sleeve and 3 long sleeve shirts as well as 3 pairs of cargo uniform patrol pants. the 5.11 tacitcal polo is great as it pull the sweat away from you when it gets hot. we can wear shorts between April and Oct if we choose however we must purchase them ourselves. the shorts really help and I wear patrol shorts by 5.11. when combined with the polo I stay really cool. we have a cloth badge and our uniform patches on all our shirts. no name tag as we are required to wear our photo ID.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3130 users online. 147 members and 2983 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X