Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nacorbier
    replied
    If your people are good at remembering to ring the baton, then the full sized PR-24 is nice.

I was weird, and carried a poly PR-24 on my weak side, and an ASP 26" behind my pistol when I was in the field. That was, if I was stupid and forgot my PR-24, I still had the ASP.

Of course, I carried a Magcharger, and a Stinger. If I was clearing a building, I used the magcharger. Nothing says "Step back" than being smacked with a mag-lite.

Redundancy is nice. Plus, an unexpanded baton, when properly trained, is a good control tool, sorta like a super kubaton.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    If we're voting on effectiveness of use, the PR-24 is my choice (never been trained on thje OPN). But once it's in the trunk, that's where it tends to stay.

If we're voting on convienience go for the expandable, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Quopper
    replied
    I carry a 28" Diamond Wood Koga baton. She is sleek, she is stylish, and she kicks serious as$!

For those that don't know, diamond wood is hard and very dense. She is a little heavy, but well worth it when you hear the WHACK!

Leave a comment:

• Darkwulfe
    replied
    OPNs all the way. OPNs are the best "control" tool out there (Not including electrical devices). More versatile then any straight baton.

Leave a comment:

• Bigun
    replied
    My dept issues the expandable pr-24 seems to be a good compromise, easy to carry and deploy.

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    I'm happy with my 26" ASP expandable straight baton.

Leave a comment:

• Knoodelhed
    started a poll Preferred impact/control stick?

Preferred impact/control stick?

Straight baton, nonretractable ~ 24" w/ strap
    0.00%
    Straight baton, nonretractable ~ 24" w/ no strap
    5.88%
    Side handle, nonretractable ~ 24"
    2.94%
    Straight baton, nonretractable ~ 18 - 20" w/ strap
    2.94%
    Straight baton, nonretractable ~ 18 - 20" w/ no strap
    0.00%
    Side handle, nonretractable ~ 18 - 20"
    0.00%
    Expandable metal
    64.71%
    Side handle, retractable
    11.76%
    Nunchaku
    5.88%
    Electric/other
    5.88%
    Was curious as to the opinion/consensus out there as to what sort of baton or other impact/control devices are currently considered the most effective. I am in the enviable position of having been asked to provide my boss with a draft UOF policy; he's a good businessman but that's about the extent of his interest or aptitude when it comes to these things.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5586 users online. 325 members and 5261 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X