300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camelbaks/Waterbags?

Any officers here use them while on duty? Particularly bicycle patrol units?

I was thinking how handy it would be to have one while riding my bike, but it would cover up the "Police" on the back of my shirt. I was thinking about getting one and then getting "POLICE" put across the back of it somehow.

Anyone done this or see any problems with this?
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

I have seen bike officers and K9 guys wearing them. In fact, I recall a COPS episode about 3 years ago where bike officers were doing *exactly* what you describe with the patch. Definately is a great idea to have hydration on hand.

I have one set up that I would consider using for perimeter duty if called in. It would just look goofy with my uniform on regular patrol. Our SWAT guys have them mounted to their vests and K9 guys keep them in the car for tracks.

Another option would be to use velcro and velcro the patch on to make the pack more versatile.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I have two of them, one is ready with my SWAT gear and the other sits behind my headrest in my car. I also carry a gallon of frozen water in my car. Our department has an ice chest with gatorade, propel and water in the Sgt car as well.
      There's no substitute for strength,
      and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5043 users online. 262 members and 4781 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X