300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk Serpa CQC retention holster

What's your opinion for this holster as a duty holster?? Looks as well made as this www.tdlabs.com
    Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Blackhawk Serpa

I have the serpa cqc now and I really am pleased with it. It allows for a perfect grip prior to drawing the weapon and your index finger stays outside of the trigger guard, where it belongs. It takes little pressure on the release to unlock it and can be accomplished with either hand easily. And no, I don't work for Blackhawk. That other holster has gotten mixed reviews from some of our guys who are doing T and E on it, but it looks sturdy enough. Just looks like itneeds a lot of practice to make it a natural draw.
    Jerry
    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

I wear one exposed in plain clothes about twice a week. I really like it. Now I need the matching belt and mag holder. Maybe they'll make a cuff case too?
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I have a Serpa that I use off duty occaisonally. I REALLY like it for exposed carry, not so much for concealed. However, I don't think it pulls the butt of the gun (G17) in close enough for really good concealment. It works awesome with a smaller gun (G26). I would NOT carry it or recommend it as a duty holster.

That TD holster, however, is VERY slick. A buddy of mine got one for T&E for 3 months. He's a Unified Tactics Instructor and his department's gear guru. He found it to be totally awesome. Passed it around his department for others who also really liked it. VERY secure system. I found it was a little too bulky for me to want to carry it. It sticks out awfully far from your side and would be just too darn uncomfortable for me while in a squad.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

All of my class advisors in the academy I attended earlier this year have the serpa holster and they can't stop talking about it and it looks good also.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2966 users online. 201 members and 2765 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X