Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not trying to hijack the thread, but HSGI posted this on their FB page a couple weeks ago. Looks good if you have some freedom in picking your patrol setup or if you are in a tactical unit:

https://youtu.be/yJRRa-JkZDo

Comment

• We have the choice to carry on the belt or on the external vest. I wear everything on the belt and wear the external vest as is.
      From right to left:
      Magazine
      SW40Cal
      ASP
      Handcuffs in a open carrier
      (then a gap across my back)
      Handcuffs in enclosed pouch with some rubber gloves
      Tactical Torch
      Admin Torch
      Radio
      OC

Comment

• If you are not on regular patrol duty and are assigned to a tactical unit, I think this is a pretty good setup (SWAT cop in TX): https://youtu.be/yJRRa-JkZDo

Comment

• Hello all.

Well I've made a few changes to my belt and here's a picture.

Left to right: Buckle - Bianchi Triple Threat Open Top Magazine Holder - Zak Tools ZT52 - Safariland 6365 mated to my Glock 17 w/ TLR-1 HL - ASP 21" in ASP Scabbard - Glove Pouch - Fenix UC45 Flashlight in Bianchi Holster - Gould and Goodrich Swivel Radio Holster - X26 Serpa Taser Holster - Bianchi Double Cuff Case with S&W Lever Lock and Model 300 Hinged Cuffs - Buckle

I like my new set up a lot more

Here's a youtube video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAb5STCoJPA

Kind of off topic - But if you've been in the University of Akron's Police Academy (in Ohio) please PM me I have a few questions. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by cody9116 View Post
            College Public Safety:
            4 keepers, two on each side of back, keeping cuffs to the sides, one between holster and mag pouch, and one between OC and keys (ends up being 2:00, 5:00, 7:00, 10:00)

Duty weapon is Glock 19 with TLR-1 HL. I have a pair of S&W chained cuffs, and a pair of Peerless hinged, with Take Down OC spray and silent key holder

Outer Carrier, from left to right:
            -Strion HL, Large pocket with notebad, torniquet, pens, and cell phone, THEN medium pocket with spare mag, handcuffs, nitrile gloves, CPR mask, THEN radio pocket, THEN small pocket with pocket calendar

In my BDU Cargo Pockets:

Made a few changes since getting picked up by my Sheriff's Dept.

Switched to the Fox 5.3 OC Spray, Peacekeeper RCB Baton, and all hidden snaps on holsters and keepers

Last edited by cody9116; 06-08-2015, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• My dutybelt set up starting from the right side:

- Buckle
              - Radio (in front)
              - AC spray (in a pouch)
              - Holster + Sig P226
              - Nothing on my back

(Left side - back to front)
              - Glove pouch (leather search gloves)
              - Key holder + extra large key for handcuffs
              - Leatherman in leather pouch
              - Flashlight in pouch (Nitecore P12)
              - leather magpouch - extra magazine
              - Handcuffs (LIPS) in leather carrier
              - Baton in holder
              - Buckle

Comment

• IMG_0276.jpg

Few months later and a few changes to my setup.

I moved stuff back down to my belt, and added some other gear to my vest. I just couldn't get used to pulling cuffs off my vest - it didn't feel right. I like my cuffs on my belt.

Vest (left to right):

iPhone carrier
                OC Spray in pouch.
                Tourniquet and med pack in a AR mag pouch.
                Surefire Polytac in pouch.
                Disposable gloves in a small utility carrier.
                Radio

Belt (left to right):

Chain handcuffs
                Key clip
                Loop for Streamlight LED DS (don't carry that often)
                Leatherman Wave in carrier.
                Maglight loop
                Hinge handcuffs
                Glock 22 in Safariland 6360 (Glock out of frame... on my person)
                Mags in carrier

We are only required to carry one less-lethal option in additional to our handgun, so I dropped the baton a few months ago. I might bring it back, but probably not. The external vest is awesome. It's been a hot summer out here, and I really, really don't miss washing my carrier twice a week. The external vest setup is nice for parole too, easy to toss gear on for an unanticipated arrest in the officer. External vests seem to be becoming popular with P&P in Oregon.
                RIP EPD Kilcullen EOW April 22nd, 2011

The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Comment

• Originally posted by OR213 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13679[/ATTACH]

Few months later and a few changes to my setup.

I moved stuff back down to my belt, and added some other gear to my vest. I just couldn't get used to pulling cuffs off my vest - it didn't feel right. I like my cuffs on my belt.

Vest (left to right):

iPhone carrier
                  OC Spray in pouch.
                  Tourniquet and med pack in a AR mag pouch.
                  Surefire Polytac in pouch.
                  Disposable gloves in a small utility carrier.
                  Radio

Belt (left to right):

Chain handcuffs
                  Key clip
                  Loop for Streamlight LED DS (don't carry that often)
                  Leatherman Wave in carrier.
                  Maglight loop
                  Hinge handcuffs
                  Glock 22 in Safariland 6360 (Glock out of frame... on my person)
                  Mags in carrier

We are only required to carry one less-lethal option in additional to our handgun, so I dropped the baton a few months ago. I might bring it back, but probably not. The external vest is awesome. It's been a hot summer out here, and I really, really don't miss washing my carrier twice a week. The external vest setup is nice for parole too, easy to toss gear on for an unanticipated arrest in the officer. External vests seem to be becoming popular with P&P in Oregon.
                  Do you have to wear your vest for a whole shift / all day?

Comment

• We have to wear full duty gear for any field work. I'm out in the field 2 days out of my 4 day week, on average - so, I'm wearing it all day on those days. In the office gets a little more complicated. Generally, its plainclothes around the office (firearm optional). We have things structured so that nearly every arrest in the office is made by a team, and if you're gearing up on a team - its full field gear with at least two use of force options. Some officers keep their baton and OC on their vest, so they can just toss that on and be in policy for an arrest. I always carry in the office, so I can toss on my vest (with OC) and I'm good to go in about the same time.

On busy days, we can have 7-8 arrests on my floor alone, so there can be a lot of throwing gear on and off in a day. The external vest makes that way easier. Plus... being able to wear jeans all the time.... it doesn't get much better.
                    RIP EPD Kilcullen EOW April 22nd, 2011

The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Comment

• Originally posted by OR213 View Post
                      We have to wear full duty gear for any field work. I'm out in the field 2 days out of my 4 day week, on average - so, I'm wearing it all day on those days. In the office gets a little more complicated. Generally, its plainclothes around the office (firearm optional). We have things structured so that nearly every arrest in the office is made by a team, and if you're gearing up on a team - its full field gear with at least two use of force options. Some officers keep their baton and OC on their vest, so they can just toss that on and be in policy for an arrest. I always carry in the office, so I can toss on my vest (with OC) and I'm good to go in about the same time.

On busy days, we can have 7-8 arrests on my floor alone, so there can be a lot of throwing gear on and off in a day. The external vest makes that way easier. Plus... being able to wear jeans all the time.... it doesn't get much better.
                      Ook, I was just wondering. I like your setup. I was going to say, if you wear it a lot, or the whole day for example, I would add suspenders for the belt under the vest. It will save your back in the long run

Comment

• Here's my setup, from buckle to right: OC, G17+spare taser cartridge, 2xflexicuffs, ASP hinged, ASP chains, multitool, X26+spare mags, ASP triad with combat ring, ASP 21". It looks like Glock is on top of oc, it's distortion caused by belt curvature. Everythin else, radio, CAT etc is carried in uniform carriers.

Comment

• Originally posted by TapoutFIN View Post
                          Here's my setup, from buckle to right: OC, G17+spare taser cartridge, 2xflexicuffs, ASP hinged, ASP chains, multitool, X26+spare mags, ASP triad with combat ring, ASP 21". It looks like Glock is on top of oc, it's distortion caused by belt curvature. Everythin else, radio, CAT etc is carried in uniform carriers.
                          Solid necro post, I suggest looking into replacing everything that starts with ASP on your belt.
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Originally posted by TapoutFIN View Post
                            Here's my setup, from buckle to right: OC, G17+spare taser cartridge, 2xflexicuffs, ASP hinged, ASP chains, multitool, X26+spare mags, ASP triad with combat ring, ASP 21". It looks like Glock is on top of oc, it's distortion caused by belt curvature. Everythin else, radio, CAT etc is carried in uniform carriers.
                            Double thigh holsters huh? That is pretty mall ninja tacticool.

Comment

• Necro post, yea, but this is my FAVORITE THREAD!
                              Wow so really, no one posted in here in 2016 at all? I think Im going to go change something on my duty belt so I can put an updated photo.

No seriously, this is one of my favorite threads, but there is only so many ways to set up a duty belt. Several of us have the exact same set up so it does get boring.

Comment

• I might have posted this already, but necro posts change the rules!!!!

no duty belt is valid until you lock in a cross draw holster.
                                semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6947 users online. 283 members and 6664 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X