Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new vest, any suggestions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new vest, any suggestions?

I'm looking for a new vest, any suggestions? I have a PACA vest I wore on patrol, but now I'm looking for something lighter to wear under civillian clothes. Any suggestions?
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway

Anything Second Chance.

-Tink

Comment

I wear an "Extreme ZX." It's comfortable and light weight.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I can tell you what to definately avoid. My department is saddling us with vests from a manufacturer I've never heard of. We've been issuing them for a little over 2 years. The brand name is ForceOne Body Armor. These vests SUCK! Mine is about as flexible as a pizza box and weighs more than twice what a comparable Safariland or Second Chance vest weighs.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

First Choice
          It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

I dont think that Second Chances are a good choice right now. I dont think they are gonna fair to well coming out from Chap.11 I know it probably doesnt affect their manufacturing BUT why take a chance. I hear the new Extreme X-II are good. Iam waiting mine to come back from re-fitting.
            P.S. Its been posted on here before, just do a search for more info...
            I got nothing for now

Comment

You guys that wear Extreme vests, I was wondering what made you decide on them. My local Department is on grants and everyone is buying Extreme X and Extreme ZX simply because they are pretty much the only lightweight IIIA availible locally. Just wanted some insight.
              It's the ones you love that will kill you the quickest.

Official O.COM Man of Mystery.

Comment

I currently wear the Xtreme, the highest of the 3 levels, i think IIIA?

It is light and flexible. However, I liked the fit of my second chance monarch (spelling?) better which I wore with a different agency.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I know the agency I retired from issues Xtreme. I had a PACA when I was in patrol.
                  "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Go to www.bulletproofme.com .They custom make vests to order and the prices are some of the best I've seen. Also they can make one light and thin for plain clothes carry.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4050 users online. 254 members and 3796 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X