Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okla-lawman
    replied
    We carry all three. Each has it's own usage. We are required ti carry them.

Leave a comment:

• Netopalis
    replied
    Originally posted by copwannabe310
    just shoot the bastard in the knee caps with a .45 and i garuntee you he'll cooperate. dont need all that fancy crap to make em comply.
    He sure will be cooperating. Then you will be cooperating with his lawyer and the DA.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    Carry OC to fend off dogs, an ASP to poke through piles of laundry that could hide a fugitive, and the TASER for humans.

The aluminum pr-24 in the trunk is for stress relief... Swing it on a heavy-bag for a couple of minutes, now that's a workout!

Leave a comment:

• furetto7
    replied
    As time has passed, nature has thougthfully provided me with additional space for toys on the old bat-belt. I carry all three, baton is unfortunately an ASP but as others have stated there lurks a very nice 36" second growth locust riot baton in the trunk keeping the longer range tools company. You can never have too many options.

Leave a comment:

• brkcop
    replied
    Originally posted by copwannabe310
    just shoot the bastard in the knee caps with a .45 and i garuntee you he'll cooperate. dont need all that fancy crap to make em comply.
    I can see the headlines now.

"Ex-cop lost law suite for the unnecessary use of deadly force, criminal charges pending."

Leave a comment:

• USAcop
    replied
    If you can carry only one item it needs to be a straight baton.

Those ASP and those other small expandable batons are terrible!

Unfortuneately we have to carry the ASP. I have a riot baton in my car I can use for disturbances and riots.

Get a good quality straight baton. The cheap ones are like balsa wood and break easy. Its amazing how heavy a good quality baton weighs and how well it works.

Leave a comment:

• jeeper
    replied
    Carry all 3!!

Like someone else said: better to have and not need than need and not have.

I have a ring for a straight baton, an Autolock expandable baton, and OC on my duty belt. If we (meaning non-supervisors) could carry Tasers, I would. Heck, I might even be willing to buy my own Taser if I would be allowed to carry it. Having recently been Tazed and having been sprayed before, the Taser is in a world of its own. However, I realize that each of these items has a position where it is the best and no other weapon will do. Which goes back to my paragraph above...

Leave a comment:

• Sleuth
    replied
    Yup, keep that attitude, and 20 years from now your title will still be 'copwannabe'.

Leave a comment:

• copwannabe310
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JKump
    replied
    Your duty belt is like your tool box. Carry as many tool as you can, you might need different ones for different occasions. As someone said it is better to have and not need then to need and not have.

Leave a comment:

• SWATcop
    replied
    I carry all three, only because I was issued all three and therefore required to carry them. If I had my choice I'd get rid of the ASP (baton) and keep the taser and OC spray. The only thing I've ever used my ASP for is smashing out windows. Oh yeah, I threw it at a guy who was running from me one time, too. Since I bought one of those trusty little window punches that can be carried like a pen in my shirt pocket, I don't really need my ASP anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Sleuth
    replied
    1. You can free up room on your belt with a vertical mag pouch.

2. I would opt for the expandable and OC. BTW, when I became an OC instructor, they sprayed me, and it did not work!

3. Whichever you choose GET TRAINING.

4. In all cases, have a plan B (and C, and D)

Edited to add: Remember, you do not have to carry the "police" size OC. A 'pocket' sized works just as well, takes up less space (it could be carried in a pocket). It just will need to be replaced more often, depending on how much you use it.
    Last edited by Sleuth; 01-31-2005, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Delta_V
    replied
    If you have the room, carry all three. Since the tasers have come on board, many people at my agency have stopped carrying OC because of space issues, others are only carrying a single mag holder (or both).

The bottom line is that you can't go wrong carrying as many weapons as possible. If you have unneccesary items on your belt such as a cell phone or pager, take them off so you have room for your weapons. If your waist is so small that you still can't carry everything, I'd do what I can to carry the taser and baton.

Try experimenting with carrying your mag pouches horizontally on your strong side. That will free up space on your reactionary side for the taser. Here's what I would suggest, going clockwise from the belt buckle, assuming that you're right handed:

Horizontally mounted mag pouch
    holster
    cuff case (double if you want to carry two sets)
    glove pouch
    flashlight holder
    radio
    baton
    OC
    Taser

Leave a comment:

• tpcop007
    replied
    Carry all 3 if you can. I have a problem with room on my duty belt so I opted to carry the o/c spray and taser. I took off the asp and now carry a baton ring for the straight wood baton if needed. Reason for the spray along with the taser, is you can only taze one person at a time, where spray you can get a group of people at once if need be!

Leave a comment:

• TradArcher
    replied
    Read your department policy.

I always carry oc, baton and a taser, if one is issued to me. Once more tasers arrive, I will be carrying an x26 all the time.

OC is great because it is low in the use of force continum and is someone says @$^**&&^%$# and squares off , enjoy the burn baby.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3709 users online. 233 members and 3476 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X