X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Holster Brands

Which brands of holsters do you perfer?

Safariland.

Built like a tank, last forever, excellent weapon retention, easy to maintain and keep looking good, pretty much as good as it gets.

I've used the SS070 III security holster before and I'll be using it again soon. The new Safariland security holster looks interesting (it goes into a level 2 secure mode upon reholstering automatically) but it rides too low for my tastes.

Comment

I like Gould and Goodrich myslf. They're reliable, strurdy, and they look good too!
      Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

I was never in uniform, so from the investigations side, I have used Safariland, Bianchi, and Bruce Nelson Combat Holsters (no longer in operation). My first choice today would be Safariland.
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

The Bianchi "Accu Mold" wears well and looks good. It has good retention, but an easy draw.
          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Safariland. I've used two different SSIII holsters (changed handguns) and really like them. I also have a couple Safariland paddle holsters that are very nice. I have used G&G, Bianchi and Uncle Mikes also but prefer the Safarilands over them all.

Comment

Safariland in leather
              Bianchi in Nylon
              Fobus in kydex
              "If you think you can you will, if you think you can't your right!"

Comment

Safariland and Hellweg

Comment

Retention without a thumb break?

Is there a holster that allows retention without using a thumb break or rotating thumb hood?

Thanks.
                  NRA Certified Instructor
                  Certified Range Officer
                  A-Class IPSC Shooter
                  Shoot 20,000 rds annually
                  Reserve Officer

Comment

Safariland. Especially the Raptor, or at least with the SLS hood lock system. Great stuff.

Belt wise, we have the Gould & Goodrich Phoenix line of nylon gear. Nothing but good experiences, and it doenst have a cheap look to it like some others I have seen.
                    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

The Best Holster Maker

In my humble opinion, Milt Sparks is about as good as you're going to get when it comes to holsters for carry in civilian clothes. Each holster-maker stamps his initials into the finished product, assuring you the highest quality possible. I mean, no one is going to put their name on junk! Besides the top-notch quality, their customer service puts them at the very top of the list. I've called them several times (even visited their shop one day) with many questions and they answered them with knowledge and patience.

Comment

Re: Retention without a thumb break?

Originally posted by ipscman
                        Is there a holster that allows retention without using a thumb break or rotating thumb hood?

Thanks.
                        You may want to look at this, depends on what weapon your carrying.

http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/p...uct_id=4025&d=

Hope this helps.
                        Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                        between you
                        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

retention without a thumb break

Thank you Kelly,

This looks interesting. Anyone have any experience with it?

I'm also looking at a comparison between the Safariland 6280 and the Bianchi Speedlok model 7935.
                          http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...xtModelID=7935

Any experience out there that would support one or the other?

Our local dept. lets us decide what holster to use.

Thanks so much.
                          NRA Certified Instructor
                          Certified Range Officer
                          A-Class IPSC Shooter
                          Shoot 20,000 rds annually
                          Reserve Officer

Comment

ipscman:

If you're looking for a duty holster without a thumbreak or hood, look at the Safariland 295. It is or recently was the issue holster for NYPD. It uses a finger break on the inner portion of the holster along the leg and a snap up front to allow you to draw the weapon while allowing really good security. For off duty, there are a bunch of new holsters (especially kydex) that allow retention without a thumbreak.

The Bianchi holster you show there is lately the #1 holster bought by our new guys, without the oversized "knuckle break". The 6280 is the #2. The Bianchi seems to have greatest favor because it is quite a bit cheaper than the Safariland yet is also a pretty good holster. My strong preference is for the 6285 (1.5" lower than a 6280 on the belt).
                            Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Re: Retention without a thumb break?

Originally posted by ipscman

Thanks.
                              You can also try Tactical Design Labs. We have a demo of their retention holster that we've been trying for the last week. No thumb break, no hood strap just a concealed button which gets pushed by your index finger on the draw. A little ugly but effective.

http://www.tdlabs.com
                              God created Police Officers so Fire fighters could have heros!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2634 users online. 143 members and 2491 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X