300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty watch

Do you wear a watch on duty and if so what is it? Also have you heard about the Gshock watch that can only be bought by LE? Project peacekeeper

When my watch battery died, i stopped wearing a watch. That was about 4 years ago. I have yet to need one. There is always someone around to ask what time it is.

I do have a stop watch in my bag for the rare dwi.

Comment

I buy cheap watches at Walmart. When it breaks or the battery dies it gets tossed, I wouldn't wear an expensive watch while working the street.

Comment

Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 02-20-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I have a cheap digital watch I wear. I've ruined a few nice watches.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

100% personal preference but an agency's policy may have a say so.

I pretty much always had Casio G-Shocks, and I ended my career with one of their Pro Treks.

Comment

Originally posted by GVBD59 View Post
              I buy cheap watches at Walmart. When it breaks or the battery dies it gets tossed, I wouldn't wear an expensive watch while working the street.
              Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
              I have a cheap digital watch I wear. I've ruined a few nice watches.
              Originally posted by ftttu View Post
              I pretty much always had Casio G-Shocks, and I ended my career with one of their Pro Treks.
              The cheapest watch that Wally World and/or 7-11 sells

I am always smacking the "watch crystal' and either breaking or scratching it.

I change out about every two years or so
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Casio W800H-1AV . Accurate, waterproof. Thin, so it doesn't snag on my jacket cuff. Displays the day of the week. I like that because after a couple weeks of night shift I otherwise don't know. Less than $15

Comment

For patrol you need a watch that:
                  a) tells time
                  b) has a stop watch function
                  c) has a light switch

I bought a $25 Timex when I started the academy. 5 years later it's still going strong. I'm way more comfortable wearing a watch that I don't care about. That said, I have not been careful with this watch but it still works. I've briefly submerged it in water multiple times. When it gets blood or something nasty on it, I have Lysoled it. I've been in several scuffles where I'm sure the watch was scraping on the pavement. Nothing seems to kill this thing.

I don't know what the peacekeeper thing you're talking about is, but I bet it's expensive. Nothing wrong with having a nice watch, but I would only wear a cheap watch on duty.

Comment

I'll jump on board with the cheap Wal-Mart watch crowd.

Virtually every watch I've ever worn on duty has been either a Wal-Mart, Kmart or Target clearance special. Wal-Mart especially has some exceptional clearance specials if you catch them at the right time of the year and I've gotten several decent Timex, Casio and Armitron watches on clearance at $15 or less. Sometimes, at the right moment, I can even find bargains at $5 or less.

I usually buy a $15 clearance watch if it strikes my fancy. I often buy several of the $5 clearance watches when they become available. I'll keep a couple in the boxes as spares. I'll rotate through several of the other watches wearing which ever watch fits my current mood. If a $5 watch happens to break, get contaminated or otherwise fall out of favor, I'll toss it or give it away.

Occasionally, I'll dress "fancy" and sport the "expensive" $15 watch for meetings, training, or other "red carpet" events.
                    Last edited by merlin436; 02-21-2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

http://www.projectpeacekeeper.org/#!...c-13fde372265f

Comment

Skagen watches are my new Timex of choice. I look at my bulletin board and there are eight Timex ... six Skagen and seven of the "dress" jobs.

Out of them all I usually have one of two Skagens on.
                        Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                        Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

All been said. Buy a cheap watch for work.
                          Save the expensive one for show.
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

That is a pretty nice looking watch. Something like that would make a nice gift, and I think it would be subtle enough to wear off-duty without broadcasting that you're a cop. Another disadvantage to wearing the gshock on duty is it's pretty bulky from what I've seen. The face is kind of large. More chance getting snagged on stuff like clothing, seatbelts, underneath the seats of a car, etc.

Comment

I wear a Suunto Core all black. Love it.

In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11955 users online. 449 members and 11506 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X