300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty belt question

So, I have to order my duty gear this week for the academy, and I'm on the fence when it comes to what kind of belt I want.

I am pretty set on getting all my gear in basket weave, but I am undecided on if I want a traditional Sam Browne, or a more modern style belt such as a Bianchi 7950 Accumold elite.

Can anyone tell me the pros, and cons to either style of belt?

Thanks in advance!

Duty belt question

Bianchi all the way. They're a lot more comfortable and weigh a lot less. I wear the buckle less one and slide my mag pouch over the front so it acts as an extra keeper. Check Amazon for all your stuff, it's usually a lot cheaper and you won't have to pay tax. The 7950 is really comfortable, but I had problems with one side loosening up. I had to constantly adjust it before every shift. Might have been how I wore my stuff on there though.
    Last edited by SCSU74; 02-22-2015, 12:24 PM.
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

I use the Bianchi Accumold basketweave. Can't really compare it to anything else as it's all I've used, but it is light, comfortable easy to maintain and everybody thinks you're wearing leather.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
        Bianchi all the way. They're a lot more comfortable and weigh a lot less. I wear the buckle less one and slide my mag pouch over the front so it acts as an extra keeper. Check Amazon for all your stuff, it's usually a lot cheaper and you won't have to pay tax. The 7950 is really comfortable, but I had problems with one side loosening up. I had to constantly adjust it before every shift. Might have been how I wore my stuff on there though.
        Thanks brother.
        Amazon is awesome, but unfortunately I do have to pay tax because I live pretty close to one of the warehouses, but I do get free shipping with my prime account!

Comment

If you have a choice on type of gear why wouldn't you go through with nylon? There won't be any scuffs when getting smoked or doing an obstacle course. Back when I went through the academy standard issue was high gloss/clarino and after the academy my holster and mag holder looked like I had been dragging it down the road.
          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Has anybody used or heard about the 5.11 sierra duty belt? As of now I run the Bianchi accumold nylon and it's second to none!

Comment

I've always liked my Bianchi equipment. You just can't go wrong with it unless it isn't allowed.

Comment

I've used leather and I've used Bianchi Accumold Elite. Bianchi all the way.
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I'll second Bianchi, what everyone else has already said. My department mandates basketweave and brass buckle, but I wear the Bianchi accumold version of that, whatever number it is, I forget. Way lighter and more comfortable than leather, plus I have the velcro inner belt that connects to the hook of my duty belt. Secure and comfortable. Don't even really need keepers, although I usually wear two in the back.

Comment

Use cheap Nylon for the academy. When you graduate get Leather. In the academy you're gonna jack it up in DT.
                    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I hate my Bianchi belt. I wore it a few times and went back to my Safariland buckleless belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
                        I hate my Bianchi belt. I wore it a few times and went back to my Safariland buckleless belt.
                        Blasphemy!
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Bianchi all the way. I run the accumumold basket weave with the plastic buckle. Had it for about 2 years never had it come off in a fight. Never scuffs even rolling around grappling on a highway. It has loop velcro on the inside and with a hook velcro under belt nothing on your belt will budge. Best setup in my opinion.

Comment

I like my Bianchi Accumold. The nylon holds up well in various conditions and I didn't have any issues when I ended up "swimming" with my rig.
                            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                              Blasphemy!
                              The buckle drove me crazy and i hate the there is belt overlap on both sides of the buckle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7534 users online. 222 members and 7312 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X