300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binoculars for surveillance

I'm looking for binoculars for surveillance but I'm a little lost on all the different kinds. I don't want to break the bank on them but I also want a pair that will work well. I'll be using them mainly at night. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    "Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

The real good ones are very expensive so unless your department is paying for them, go to Walmart or some place on the net and get some 10x50 binos that run around 30-40 bucks. My job issued me a 500 dollar pair of Steiner binos and I bought some 29 dollar bushnells so I wouldn't have to write a memo on losing the steiner's and the bushnell's are very close as far as the pic you see when looking through them.

Comment

Just like I have a $49 pocket knife that I left at home one night so I went to Wally World and got one off the shelf for $17 in the camping section rather than waiting for someone to open the "fancy knife" cabinet.

I have been carrying that one more than the expensive one
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I’ve done a lot of surveillance over the years and I’ve found that getting a pair of auto-focus binoculars work the best. When transitioning from location to location quickly or trying to read a license plate on a moving car, trying to focus a pair of binoculars can be very difficult. Purchasing a good pair of auto-focus binoculars will be a very important investment in any surveillance operations.

You can read about choosing proper surveillance gear such as binoculars in my blog post about “Surveillance Gear Part 1” at www.sabersecuritytraining.com/blog/.

I hope this helps and if you have more questions please feel free to contact me through my website!

VR,
        Saber

Comment

I have a pair of leupolds that i use for hunting and other things. Those are some awesome binoculars. I will be damned if i am going to carry those on duty. In other words get a cheap pair that wont matter if you break them.

Comment

http://www.lapolicegear.com/hmv-b-10x50-binocular.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/simmons-10x50-prosport.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/barska-7...binocular.html

Pretty decent bino's and pretty decent prices. I have the gladiators and I really like them, but I don't do "surveillance" per say, I just use them to read plates across a parking lot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4556 users online. 240 members and 4316 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X