300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Flashlight

Looking for a good quality spare flashlight to carry in my pocket. Currently, I've been buying the Streamlight PT 2L Professional Tactical Flashlight with White LED, but the clip on it to clip onto my pants keeps falling off and I end up losing it. Tired of dealing with this, so looking for new suggestions for a backup pocket flashlight.

Suggestions?

Hey copycapt ...you might wanna check out the candle power forums or the budget light forums, they each have review sections and you could probably find some good suggestions. These guys eat, sleep, and breathe flashlights lol
    Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live or die on this day
    Live or die on this day

Comment

I've got a Streamlight Microstream. I can't budge the pocket clip. Nowhere near the power of the PT 2L, though. Somebody with the right tools - a gunsmith, perhaps - could drill and tap a hole to secure your clip with a screw.

Comment

I have the 5.11 TMT PLX Flashlight that i keep in my back pocket. There's nothing to it but it's bright enough to illuminate what you want to see and holds a great charge. 30 bucks.

Comment

Anyone tryed the surefire titan yet? The AAA model?

Comment

I keep a 5.11 Pen Light in my shirt pocket. It fits in the pen pocket on our dress shirts, has 90 lumens, a momentary switch and a nice flood to it. Not my primary light, but it works great for a backup. It's also small/light enough to hold in your mouth when you need to use both hands for something (that came out really bad sounding).

Only gripe I have with it is that it doesn't have a low setting. It would be great for checking pupils or reading paper work in the car if it did, but 90 lumens will pretty much blind the crap out of you if you use it to try to read something in the dark or shine it in somebodies face.

Here's the link
            http://www.511tactical.com/tmt-plx-penlight.html

Also +1 for great customer service. I had my every day carry one stop working on me due to the tail cap malfunctioning after maybe 2 years or so of frequent use and a lot of time on the beach in salt air. They sent me another tailcap for free, no questions asked. Worked like new until I lost it 2 weeks later on a hiking trip (figures).
            Last edited by Kris396; 01-24-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Depends on your budget.. Off duty I carry a Surefire lx2 that has a pretty cool switch on it. Press light for low and hard for high. I also really like my powertac e5, it used the same switch as my duty light, is rechargeable and is like 600 lumens
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

Nightstick Tac 560xl, 800 lumens and a strobe option. Fits nicely on the duty belt for all hours.
                September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

LA Police Gear makes some good flashlights. Not sure what size you're looking for.
                  But here's the link, http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-ope...ashlights.html

Comment

I carry a Fenix PD35 - 960 lumens and can run on rechargable batteries.

Comment

Get the Nitecore SRT5 Detective. I have tried several and this is the best I have found for a backup, pocket light. It's rechargeable, 750 lumen LED (very bright) with a dim rotational switch so you can adjust the brightness to the exact level you want. Great when using for FSTs or an under the influence eval. It also has red and blue lights you can switch to. Also has strobe, which is extremely disorienting to someone if you shine it at full lumens in their eyes at night. The head is metal and pointed so you can jab with it as a defensive weapon also. I have used mine for a couple of years and still works great. Has gotten wet, I have dropped it several times, just an awesome flashlight. It is about 100 bucks on Amazon with the charger included. I went ahead and bought a spare rechargeable battery, that way I always have one ready to go if I need it.

http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-SRT5-...core+detective

Comment

Oh and just FYI, the clip on the Nitecore can come off easily also. I secured the clip with a few wraps of black tape and it works great, the clip physically cannot come off anymore. That is an issue you are going to have with most pocket flashlights I would imagine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3264 users online. 178 members and 3086 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X