300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Back pain and Duty Belt Suspenders

My back has been bothering me for a few years now and my doc thinks my duty belt is playing a big part of it. I've been working my abs crazy for a while hoping that stronger stomach muscles would fix the pain but it has not helped. My Doc then suggested I try to find some suspenders to help better distribute the weight of my duty belt. So I bought Blackhawk's duty belt suspenders only to be disappointed due to a strap they have that goes across the base of my neck that bothers me.

So I've been looking around the internet in hopes of finding something else but it seems that the D ring keepers most these suspenders use are for 2 inch duty belts. (WTF?) My duty belt is around 2.25 or 2.50. I just called the people at tactical tailor and they told me the keepers that come with their suspenders are also 2 inches. I've heard tactical tailor made good stuff but I'd like to buy everything together and not have to build some black metal D ring belt keepers from parts off the internet. Does anyone know where I can find some nylon belt (or leather w/o brass/nickel snaps) keepers that have a heavy duty (no shiny metal) D ring attached to them? My duty duty belt is around 15 lb so the D rings have got to hold up. All of the duty belt suspenders I've seen on the net have plastic D rings and unless they are made like glock plastic, I just don't see them lasting very long.

Any experience with my situation?

I've been wearing suspenders from Orca Custom for about 2.5 years now with no problems. I think they've gone under though. I saw a thread on another forum that mentioned the suspenders from Tactical Tailor are just as good as the Orcas. A lot of guys have good luck with the Back Defender but they're expensive. I haven't had any problems with the plastic on my Orcas either. Good luck.

Comment

I had a bad lower back from playing basketball back in the day. My biggest help was a core workout glut.medius and psoas.major pluss streaching tight hamies! Stomach rarly play that big a factor since people tend to not over look them. I'd try to get a new workout from a pro trainer or physio, sling and foam roller workouts are great. Any chance you can lighten that 15lbs load for a while till u get better?

Suspenders are a temporary fix, It will get worse with age, so please don't drop the real work! Changed my life. Hope It changes yours!

Comment

I bought my suspenders from K&W Enterprises in Renton, WA. They use plastic D-rings and hooks and I'm here to tell you they do hold up. K&W will also customize gear, they did made-to-measure wireless microphone pouches for a co-worker and me. Give them a shout about making over sized keepers.

Ask your doctor for a referral to a physical therapist.

Comment

Lower Back pain and Duty Belt Suspenders

Back defender all the way. They are concealable and you can tuck your shirt into them without any mods to the shirt. They have 4 points of adjustment height wise and width adjustments front and back. I've been wearing them for 5 years now and have a hard time wearing a belt without them now haha. Feel free to ask any questions, I can shoot pics too if that would help

http://www.backdefensesystems.com/Se...lts.asp?Cat=36
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
            Back defender all the way. They are concealable and you can tuck your shirt into them without any mods to the shirt. They have 4 points of adjustment height wise and width adjustments front and back. I've been wearing them for 5 years now and have a hard time wearing a belt without them now haha. Feel free to ask any questions, I can shoot pics too if that would help

http://www.backdefensesystems.com/Se...lts.asp?Cat=36
            Does that go under your vest or on top of your vest? I get horrible hip pain from my belt. I was thinking of buying an external vest carrier just so I could wear suspenders under it.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
              I get horrible hip pain from my belt. I was thinking of buying an external vest carrier just so I could wear suspenders under it.
              That is what I did, I owned the back defender also, and I would recommend wearing the external vest and some duty suspenders under it. The back defender costs too much for what it is, and the external vest will offer you more comfort also

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                Does that go under your vest or on top of your vest? I get horrible hip pain from my belt. I was thinking of buying an external vest carrier just so I could wear suspenders under it.
                I wear a concealed vest so the BD goes over the top. After its broken in you can't tell it's even on. It will take all the weight off your hips, it's awesome. I would pay double for it, well worth the benefits.
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5708 users online. 336 members and 5372 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X