Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation on duty jacket

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Recommendation on duty jacket

    I need help finding a reversible duty jacket that sits above the duty belt.

    I really like the Blauer 6001 Reversible Bomber Jacket. Anybody have experience with one. How do they run in size? i know they come in short, regular, and long.

    what else is out there that's good?

  • #2
    5.11 5 in 1 or 4 in 1. The 5 in 1 I think is better. Comes with an awesome fleece as the liner. The 4 in 1 has a fleece too it's not as awesome.

    Comment


    • #3
      I like my 5.11 aggressor parka! It's negative 5 right now and I am good to go!

      Comment


      • #4
        I have a 5.11 Double Duty, probably not as bomb proof as the 4 in 1 or 5 in 1 but it does the job most days, and they're Ike cuts so they ride above the belt.

        Comment


        • #5
          I recommend anything Blauer over anything 5.11

          Comment


          • #6
            I had a Blauer EMS jacket back in my volunteer firefighting days and didn't care for it. I have a 5.11 5-in-1 now and love it. And to boot, I think it retails for $120ish less than the Blauer.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for all the recommendation everyone. I really appreciate it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Blauer Tacshell with the fleece liner 9820
                sigpic

                Fist Pumping Like Champs
                GYM TAN LAUNDRY GTL
                Greased Up Italian Dancing Out-of-control

                GUIDO

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have the 5.11 High-Visibility Reversible Duty Jacket, and it's cut short, so it sits right above the duty belt. I normally wear it in the fall/spring. I also have the Flying Cross Spectrum Ultimate Short-Waist jacket in extra-short, and that's my winter jacket. The 5.11 I mentioned is worth a look, and reasonably priced. Although I don't recommend it for sub-zero temperatures, it's more suitable for anything above 35 degrees.

                  Most other officers I know hate wearing jackets because they're uncomfortable, and get in the way with duty equipment. If you find something that actually fits you, and is "IKE Length", meaning, it stops OBOVE the duty belt, you will have a better experience wearing a jacket on duty. Blauer, 5.11, and Flying Cross makes these IKE Length/Above the duty belt type jackets.
                  Last edited by WoodCo.Explorer; 01-13-2015, 11:31 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WoodCo.Explorer View Post
                    I have the 5.11 High-Visibility Reversible Duty Jacket, and it's cut short, so it sits right above the duty belt. I normally wear it in the fall/spring. I also have the Flying Cross Spectrum Ultimate Short-Waist jacket in extra-short, and that's my winter jacket. The 5.11 I mentioned is worth a look, and reasonably priced. Although I don't recommend it for sub-zero temperatures, it's more suitable for anything above 35 degrees.

                    Most other officers I know hate wearing jackets because they're uncomfortable, and get in the way with duty equipment. If you find something that actually fits you, and is "IKE Length", meaning, it stops OBOVE the duty belt, you will have a better experience wearing a jacket on duty. Blauer, 5.11, and Flying Cross makes these IKE Length/Above the duty belt type jackets.
                    I was looking at the 5.11 High-Visibility Reversible Duty Jacket but I was told if I wanted to add patches on the sleeves, it would show the stitching on the hi-vis side.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Really? It doesn't show on mine, guess it depends how the patches are sewn in.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by WoodCo.Explorer View Post
                        Really? It doesn't show on mine, guess it depends how the patches are sewn in.
                        That's what someone from galls.com said. But it's good to know that won't be an issue. Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dgoncalves View Post
                          That's what someone from galls.com said. But it's good to know that won't be an issue. Thanks.
                          You bet, it's a great jacket; everything you were asking about. Like I said it's better suited for "cooler" weather like in the spring or fall, or maybe even mild temperatures in the winter depending where you're at. The side pockets are nice and deep and lined with this super soft, warm material. It'll last you a career and then some if you take care of it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Check our Horace Small. They have a duty jacket they designed with Northface. It's widely issued up here with the Puget Sound area agencies. Not experience with it in extreme cold weather but in rain and typical winter conditions, it's performed very well.

                            Comment

                            MR300x250 Tablet

                            Collapse

                            What's Going On

                            Collapse

                            There are currently 6753 users online. 349 members and 6404 guests.

                            Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                            Welcome Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X