300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble setting up my new belt.

I am having some difficulty in fitting some of my gear onto the belt itself. This new belt is a leather sam Browne style riverbelt and the difficulty is coming with threading the belt, which has two pieces of leather to thread through on the end. I managed to get my mag holder on easily, but my cuff cases just aren't getting on after about an hour of trying. I've been trying to stretch the back of the case with a screw driver, to little avail. Anyone have any tips or tricks?

Try heating the back of the cases up?
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Interesting, is there a good technique to do that? I can see this ending up with a flaming apartment if left to my own devices.

Comment

Hair dryer is what I used. Worked well. If you don't have access to one, try getting a wedge of some sort and putting it in the opening on the back of the case, as far as it will go. Leave it for a while then try again.
        Originally posted by Ceridwen
        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Soaking the back only of the handcuff case and then attempting to get onto the belt might work as well. I've done the same with new holsters and guns. Wet leather is more pliable.

Comment

If it's truly leather and not some sort of composite look-alike, you could try using some sort of commercial leather conditioner to soften up the leather and make it more pliable.

Another option would be to use something like a hair/scalp treatment with a lanolin base.
            Generally, that's what I used to break in and condition my softball gloves to work stiff leather , stretch it and give it flexibility.
            I don't see why it wouldn't work with real leather duty gear.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6353 users online. 377 members and 5976 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X