Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John from Maryland
    replied
    Do BOP officers routinely carry impact weapons or are batons used strictly for cell extraction and special operations teams? In either case, it speaks well for the RRB, but not many CO's carry batons unless starring in a remake of "The Shawshank Redemption".

Leave a comment:

• UnivPD
    replied
    According to the inventor, they are used at all Federal Prisons. Im guessing carrying isn't that bad since those guys are not normally in a vehicle for patrol. It is very lightweight.

Leave a comment:

• John from Maryland
    replied
    Apart from the risk of injury in a fall, I can't imagine riding in a cruiser with a baton wedged between my back and the seat. Even with a ballistic vest, that would have to be uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• Cockney Corner.
    replied
    So, basically it's a sai, the weapon of choice of Raphael from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And the recommended method of wearing it is across your spine. No risk then of falling backwards and becoming an instant paraplegic.

Leave a comment:

• John from Maryland
    replied
    Being the guy who helped torpedo semi-automatic shotguns, laser sights, and the Walther PPK as an off duty weapon at my former agency, I don't necessarily disagree with your department, but I would be intrigued to know how the RRB works in real life. In this day and age of convenience (e.g.: ASP and other expandable batons), I think an RRB would be a hard sell to an agency or the troops. It does seem like it might offer some advantages as a baton, but would be a literal pain in the neck to carry.

Be safe/

Leave a comment:

• UnivPD
    replied
    Originally posted by John from Maryland View Post
    Are you carrying it on duty, UnivPD? Any training program? Agency adoption? Inquiring minds want to know!
    No, my agency is not going to authorize it.

Leave a comment:

• John from Maryland
    replied
    Are you carrying it on duty, UnivPD? Any training program? Agency adoption? Inquiring minds want to know!

Leave a comment:

• UnivPD
    replied
    I just bought one
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• John from Maryland
    replied
    A friend told me she saw Tallahassee PD wearing the RRB a few years after the video first came out.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by mookster View Post
    I don't carry a baton... I do carry the 24" expandle door knocker 3000 Asp makes....
    Mookster..................clear your PM's and send me one...................I want to comment in private on another thread you posted in

Leave a comment:

• mookster
    replied
    I don't carry a baton... I do carry the 24" expandle door knocker 3000 Asp makes....

Leave a comment:

• UnivPD
    replied
    Dang thats an old video. Never seen one in the real though

Leave a comment:

• dontknowwhy
    replied
    Originally posted by HatTrick5oh View Post
    I find all batons to be worthless. Fist or taser works for me.
    You never get itches under your vest or have something stuck under a car?

Leave a comment:

• HatTrick5oh
    replied
    I find all batons to be worthless. Fist or taser works for me.

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    I don't see how anyone could sit in a patrol car with that...looks very uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3258 users online. 170 members and 3088 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X